3

Caden let out another growl of frustration and threw himself into his bed. He finally made it home after a three month long futile journey of searching for his mate. Being an Alpha, he was to find his mate at the age of 16 but two years had passed and nothing or rather no one had appeared. His dad being fearful that his son might end up mate-less, had decided to let him take a three month journey to neighboring packs in the country to search for his mate. He visited endless packs, with each his hope dwindled down to nothing more than a flicker.

Now he had come back home to finish his final year of high school and lead his pack, after his dad stepped down. The Elders would most likely suggest for him to choose another female to be his Luna, which would most likely break his heart but would have to be done.

He had so many dreams about a beautiful, elegant and charming female who would have him wrapped around her finger but after 2 years these dreams remained what they were-mere dreams. He closed his eyes in a final attempt to block his grieving heart and finally succumbed to a much needed sleep.

...

"CADEN ALARIK DURWOOD, you better get up and open this goddamn door" Caden woke up with a jolt hearing his mother screaming her lungs out.

He groaned in utter annoyance at the fact that today was a Monday, meaning he had to start going back to school, where he would surely see newly mated werewolves with their lovey-dovey eyes, where he would be flocked by the few human girls and unmated werewolves, all adding to the fact that he was lonely and might remain so.

He got up refusing to let his emotions get the better hold of him. After a much required shower he headed down to the kitchen where his mom was busy working her magic.

"Come take a seat Caden, I made pancakes and waffles take your pick." His mom said offering him the plates. She seriously knew how to lighten everybody's mood.

"Thanks mom, I'll have the pancakes." Caden smiled warmly at his mother. He had wonderful parents that always supported him through everything and he was grateful.

"Mom, where's dad?"Caden questioned as he ate his breakfast.

"Oh, he had to go to the council to get some work done." Victoria answered dismissively. Caden wondered why his dad had to go out so early and that too to the council.

"I know you are going through a lot right now Caden but please remember that you'll always have us to support you through." Victoria said as she placed a glass of orange juice for her son, worried about the what the end of the day was going to bring for their son.

"I know."Caden smiled as he took another bite ofthe fluffy pancakes.

.....

Caden looked himself in the mirror as he dressed for school. He chose a white T-shirt with a denim jacket that clearly hugged his well built frame and highlighted his deep blue eyes and sun-kissed skin, which he coupled with fitted black jeans and white sneakers. Satisfied with his look he headed out.

"Mom I'm going." Caden called out as he reached for the door.

"Have fun dear, love you" Victoria shouted from the kitchen.

"Always." Caden smiled as he got out of the pack-house. 

The Durwood pack-house was enshrouded by trees and far away from the main city. It was a huge mansion with side buildings that served as the infirmary and immediate residence for most of the warriors in the pack. Their huge backyard served as the training grounds where Caden along with the other pack warriors would duel and improve their combat skills. As Caden walked towards the garage he saw some pack-warriors going at it in their wolf forms.

 Entering the garage Caden went to his BMW M2. He still remembered the amount of work he had to put up during the last 2 years to afford the car but it was worth it, it provided both for a distraction and rewarded him with a beauty.

Stay positive, you have to stay strong for your pack. Caden mentally psyched himself up as he turned on the radio and headed towards Pine Hill Academy.

....

"Hey there Caden." Heinz held his hand out for a high-five as Caden  got out of his car.

"Hey!."Caden smiled as he returned the high five to his best friend and beta. Heinz Jethro had been his pillar of support since his childhood and he trusted him with everything. He was less of a friend more of a brother for him.

"So how are you hanging bro?" Heinz questioned with concern and worry laced in his voice.

"I'm getting by. Hey, I'm only 18 still got lots of time." Caden tried to avoid the discussion but he knew better. The Council would choose a mate for him if he reaches 19 and is yet without a mate, it was customary for all Alphas and he was no exception.

Heinz sighed in understanding and led his friend into the building.

As soon as Caden entered the building what he feared might happen became a torturous reality.

"Caden baby you're finally back." Lyla the school's plastic doll called for him hugging him close.

"Hello Lyla" Caden replied with hidden disgust. Lyla was a human who loved attention, she knew nothing about werewolves and  so he could not use his Alpha authority over her. He was wishing he never came back.

"Caden quick, did you forget the Princi wanted to meet you."Heinz pulled his friend away from Lyla.

"Thanks Heinz." Caden finally breathed out once they were a safe distance away from her. Soon the bell rang and they rushed to their classes.

...

Caden found himself in the back of the classroom trying to avoid his gaze from wandering to the newly mated couples seated in the front row. They were lower ranked then him but found their mates as soon as they turned 18. He had been longing for that connection for two years. Oh how his envy fueled within.

"Quiet down class" Mr. Turner ordered as he entered the class. "So we have a new student who will be joining us this year." He informed as he nodded towards the door.

As the new student entered the class, Caden's breathe was knocked out of his lungs. A sweet smell lingered in the air. A fragrance mixed between fresh citrus and cinnamon drifted to his nose and he inhaled deeply filling himself with the exquisite smell. When he lifted his gaze, everything around him faded as he saw a single man taking up all his senses in front of the class.

There stood the most exotic looking man he had ever seen. With sparkling grey eyes within which seemed to rage a storm, dark brown hair that had been neatly styled, a frame that clearly showed the toned muscles underneath the covers of cloth and a face that screamed angelic. There stood a man of perfection, a reflection of a Greek God. 

There stood Caden's mate...

*************************