15

Az and Amy sat in the couch of Az's living room talking about the Spirit Wolves. Amy's eyes lit with wonder with every new revolution she made.

"So you mean you can manifest you wolf outside your body without you changing into a wolf?"Amy said as she clasped her hands to control her amazement.

Az nodded in response earning another squeal of delight from Amy.

"I wanna meet Novak someday."Amy declared as she begged Az with pleading eyes.

Az was about to answer when the doorbell rang disrupting their conversation. Az was hit with fear and anxiousness when he felt the aura of the one standing on the other side of the door. His thoughts began to drift again. What if he doesn't want me? What if he rejects me now? What if he banishes me from this city to protect his pack? What if....

"Um AZ I don't think the door will open itself."Amy said snapping Az out of his thoughts.

"Oh yeah...Um I'll go open the door now." Az said as he dragged his feet to the door, gathering all his courage he twisted the doorknob and opened the door.

"Um hey."Caden said as he looked at everything and anything trying to avoid Az's gaze.

Az stood there tongue tied as he stepped out of the way to let Caden in. Silence was what Caden seemed to have brought along with him.

Amy sensing the tense energy in the room and the need for privacy for the two to talk finally stood up.

"I think I'll leave you two to talk it out. But please don't bite each other's head off I love you both too much to lose anyone right now." She said as she made her way out of the front door.

The door closed behind Amy and the tense atmosphere fueled the awkwardness that lingered in the room. On one side stood Az who had said everything that he held close to his chest only to be walked out on and left feeling dejected and on the other stood Caden who had so much to say and apologize for that he didn't know where to start.

"Please don't reject me" Az said as he looked Caden in the eye while his own vision blurred out due to the tears begging for release.

Caden looked at Az wide eyes and then pulled him close for an embrace filled with love and affection.

"Oh Az..I'm sorry...I'm sorry..."Caden repeated the mantra as he placed kisses on AZ's hair.

"I would never reject you Az. I'm sorry that I lashed out at you and accused you, it was never my intention to hurt and I'm sorry I did. I was just scared that I would not be strong enough to protect you, that I might lose you, I was scared that I might not be enough for you. I'm sorry. But please know that I would never dream of leaving you now that I got to know you Az. I love you and I accept you fully for who you are, please forgive me." Caden said as his own tears fell upon Az's hair.

Az had heard everything Caden said but three words kept echoing in his mind, it made him blush, his heart flutter and his mind forget everything else. He had always dreamt of hearing those words from his mate and finally hearing him say it made his heart do somersaults that would put an Olympic athlete to shame.

"You love me?"Az questioned in a whisper.

"So after everything I said those were the only ones you heard." Caden humored."Yes. I love you. I can't believe I only realized that after almost dying and seeing my best friend almost die in front of me. I love you Az and I want you to know that you will never be alone for I will always be there for you. This I promise you."

Az closed his eyes, his lips curving to form a delicate smile as he tried to capture this moment in his mate's arm forever into his memories. He felt loved like he never had been before in those arms that he dearly held on to.