18

"Please take a seat."Daniel said pointing to the seats across his table.

Az and Caden were curios and confused to the sudden summon but did as they were told. Daniel drew in a deep breath and placed his hands on the table.

"So let me ask you something first Az, do you know what a 'Seer' is?" Daniel asked looking straight at Az.

"Um yeah, my dad told me about them when I was a kid."Az nodded. "They are basically werewolves with high spiritual aura but when they are mated the spiritual aura balances and they are able to tap into the spiritual realm giving them the ability to see into their future."

"What does that has anything to do with Az?" Caden asked still perplexed.

"Before I get to that, you might be questioning about the drastic measures that I took to ensure our pack's safety after only one attack from the Rogues."Daniel said knowingly.

Both Az and Caden nodded their affirmation. The curfew and new rule to always be in groups around the city seemed to be a little overbearing after only one attack.

"Well it had to be done because this will not be the last attack, we must prepare for a bigger one coming soon."Daniel said.

"How do you know that?"Az asked confused as well.

"It was all foretold by my mom, Haley about 13 years ago." Daniel said earning a gasp from Caden.

"She must be the Seer you are talking about."Az said finally getting a gist of Daniel's words.

"Yes, she was and a great one at that. Before she passed away she used to maintain a journal about her visions as well as the about other 'eerie' subjects that I could never fully make sense of but I hope you'll know about them better Az."Daniel said as he produced a leather bound journal from the drawer in his table.

"What type of visions are we talking about Dad and why have I never been told about Grandmom being a Seer?" Caden questioned Daniel accusingly, it seemed as though everyone these days had secrets hidden away from him.

"She used to be able to discern dangers through her visions before they actually happen, however many of her visions would be metaphorical and cryptic, but she made it very clear to me when I became the Alpha of this pack that a great battle would be seen before the coming of the next Alpha. When you had found your mate and he turned out to be a guy we thought that she meant a battle within yourself in accepting your mate because you know very well what rejection can bring among the 'Werewolves', but now when this attack has happened with suspects rising up I'm sure my Mom meant every word literally. "Daniel explained.

"And son my Mom passed when you were only five, we never meant to hide it from you, honestly I don't know why we never told you earlier, I guess since she didn't have any more visions after I became an Alpha we ceased to talk about it. I'm sorry."Daniel said trying to comfort his son.

Az and Caden stayed silent as they soaked up the information. They now understood the reasons behind the heavy patrols and curfews.

"What did you mean by I might understand the journal better?"Az asked Daniel.

"You'll have to read it yourself."Daniel said as he passed the journal over the table to them.

Caden nodded towards Az encouraging him to go forth with reading the journal.

"The last entry is the most 'eerie' one. You might want to read that first." Daniel said with a concerned expression.

Az nodded as he opened the leather bound journal and began flipping the pages to read the last entry.