36

"Is he okay?"

"All his vitals seem to be fine and his body has no damage."

"Will he wake soon?"

"I'm...Ah he's waking"

"Are you alright Az?"Az heard a familiar voice speaking in a soft yet concerned voice as he tried to make sense of his environment. The white ceiling, the mineral taste in the air and the smell of machines invaded his senses-he was in the infirmary.

When Az turned his head towards the voice he was met by turbulent deep blue eyes he had fallen in love with-he saw Caden, and in that moment a huge wave of relief, love, thankfulness all kicked in and he pulled him close for an embrace pouring all his love into that simple hug.

"Hush..it's alright, it's all over..."Caden cooed into Az's ear as he stroked his back both were unaware of the tears that fell freely from both their eyes as they held onto each other basking in their love and affection.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you...I promised that I'd stand by your side through all troubles and I wasn't there when you needed me most, I'm so sorry Az...."Caden spoke in a rush as they pulled apart from their embrace.

Az did the only thing he knew to calm Caden down, he placed his hands on Caden's cheeks and planted a soft kiss on his lips.

"It's not your fault Caden, and I'm fine you don't have to worry...it's no one's fault." Az said as he held onto Caden's arm.

"But you had to face the two spirits then stand up against the Moon deity...then...I wasn't even able to do anything for you"Caden rambled off again in a worried tone as he held onto Az's hand for dear life.

"How do you even know that?"Az cut Caden off.

"I informed him of everything that transpired, he's our mate and he deserves to know. He was worried sick for us."Novak spoke into both of their minds and Az only felt like hitting his wolf back in the head although he did have a point in letting Caden know. But Az had wanted to break it down for him slowly.

"Then you must know that it's not your fault Caden, and don't say that you didn't do anything, it was you who pulled me through my emotional turmoil and I love you for that."Az settled.

"I love you too..."Caden said as he smiled and planted a quick kiss on Az's awaiting lips.

"See I told you he'd be fine."George said to someone standing at the door.

When Az turned his eyes to meet the one at the door, he felt as a wave of memories and joy rushing through at seeing his old friend, brother, father, and teacher standing before him.

" Matthew" AZ cheered as he tried to get up from the bed he was on only to be stopped by Caden who watched him with worried eyes. Az only then noticed the IV connected to his left hand.

"Hello Az, it's great to see you again, I only hoped it was in better situations."Matthew said as he stepped closer to the bed.

"It's great to see you too Matthew. How have you been?"Az questioned as he smiled at his instructor.

"I've been great and I see you've found yourself a fine diamond here."Matthew humored as he nodded at Caden.

Az only smiled widely at that. He was happy or rather ecstatic that everything had now been settled, the feud, the battle, the terror had all ended and now he was back in the place he longed to be.

"I do have some things to tell you Az."Matthew spoke his gaze slightly shifting towards Caden and Az got the message.

"Alright. Caden can you please excuse us for a moment?"Az said reluctantly, he didn't want to leave Caden's side but he knew Matthew wanted to talk in private for whatever reason he had.