33

Caden ran as fast as his paws could take him as he sprinted off the battlefield tackling anyone standing in his way as he rushed off to the shelter where he heard the terrifying scream from his mate.

His heart thumped rapidly inside his chest almost about to break of its cage as Caden feared the worst. Amidst his fight and rage for Jack he had forgotten the fact that Az's Grandma was still not seen in the battle field and now he feared what might have happened with Az.

Matthew followed after Caden feeling the same anxiety and fear as him. It had been years since he had last seen Az and he didn't want this to be his last. He had been following Lucy and the Council's moves ever since the tragedy and he knew something was off about them.

His suspicions only grew when Lucy took Az and moved all over to Crescent Mountain where they build a cabin for themselves far from everyone, at first he was about to move along with them but got caught up when he found a trail to something that shook him to his core. He needed time to investigate the tragedy and snoop into the Council's business and it took him almost five years doing so and by that time they had moved again and this time didn't leave a trail behind.

He had found out about the Council's intention which was being led by Lucy and he feared for Az, he rushed off to Durwood City as soon as he found out the information about Az but he feared that he might be too late.

Caden and Matthew tore apart the Rogues and Night Wolves that still fought tooth and nail against them as they stormed their way to the shelter. Matthew used his aura to pin down the Rogues for the members of Caden's pack to take care of. Caden was attacking anyone in a frenzy fearing the worst for his mate; luckily it was only the Rogues and a few Night Wolves who stood in his way.

When they finally knocked down the door of the shelter Caden's eyes widened when he saw the sight before him. Caden gasped when he saw Lucy who was on the floor next to Az but her eyes were lifeless, she was dead. His breath was caught in his chest when his eyes met Az's. Az was laying on the floor right next to Lucy's dead body but his eyes were glowing a bright white.

"Az!"Caden breathed out as he reached out for his mate, holding him in his arms.

Caden watched him mate with tearful eyes as he Az remained motionless in his embrace.

Matthew stood there shocked and too stunned to move he could feel the intensity of the aura that was surrounding them and that pinned him right there on the spot. When he opened his mouth to say something, everything just stopped....

......
Az tried to calm his ragged breathing as he tried to bear the pain within him. When he thought he could no longer take it anymore a white blinding light appeared before him.

Time stood still as Az watched the white light taking the form of a woman, she had hair as white as snow, hair that reached her ankles, eyes as blue as the clear sky, and the face of an angel with an aura that soothed and sent relief.

Az turned his head towards the fragments but they were now frozen in time and that made him snap his head towards the woman again.

"Who are you?"Az asked a little wary of her presence despite her calming aura.

"Do no fear my child for I am your deity."The woman spoke with a gentle and calming voice.

Az instantly felt safer within her presence, but still could not wrap his mind around why the Moon Deity stood before him. The Moon Deity seemed to notice Az's distress for she began speaking again.

"I come to you cursed bearer to ease you of this suffering and let you free. All you need to do is make the decision." The Moon Deity spoke and Az was back into the same dilemma. He knew which decision was the moral choice to make; giving up one's life to safe the rest, but he wanted to be selfish for once in his life. He didn't want to let go of his loved ones. He had suffered so much when he lost the ones he called a family, his heart broke when he was betrayed but he still had his mate and a new family waiting for him and all he wanted was to be in their embrace.