17

"How does she know about us?"Caden questioned enraged as he sat in the front seat of AZ's car. They were now driving back to the pack house and the issues on their plate seemed to be ever growing.

"I don't know Caden, but her aura was pointed only hostility and rage towards 'werewolves'. I have a bad feeling about this."Az replied as he drove through the dirt path in the woods leading to the grounds.

"I'll need to have a talk to Dad about this after our meeting today."Caden said frustrated by the fact that an outsider, a human knew about the secret that the Durwood family had preserved for so long. He quickly relayed a gist of the situation to his Dad through the pack-link.

Az sighed feeling the same as his mate as he drove along.

......

"AWW so you've finally marked each other."Victoria cheered as she hugged the two boys who entered the living room.

"Mom, you're suffocating us." Caden breathed out desperate to get out of his mother's hold.

"Congratulations both of you." Daniel said behind them as he came in the room and took a seat on the couch.

"Thanks Mr. and Mrs. Durwood."Az said appreciating their enthusiasm.

"Oh hush, call us Victoria and Daniel or Mom and Dad if you want."Victoria said as she released them from her embrace."I'll go bring you guys tea and some snacks" Victoria announced as she made her way to the kitchen.

Az was taken aback by the what Victoria had said, yet he was just not ready yet to call them those title that he held so dearly to his heart.

Just then Heinz and Amy joined them. "What do we do about the Lyla situation?"Heinz asked who had been informed earlier by Caden through the mind-link.

"I'm not sure, Dad what do you suppose we do?"Caden asked clearly lost and frustrated.

"We can't do anything about it just yet, she hasn't done anything so far or at least that's what I have gathered. If she does anything rash either me or Marcus will handle it. Although how she found out about us must be confirmed as soon as possible. I'm almost certain there is a mole in our pack."Daniel said as he pressed two fingers to his temple.

"What do you mean Dad?"Caden asked disbelievingly. He didn't want to doubt the loyalty of his pack, he would never expect one of them to put the pack in danger.

"That's the reason I've called you here to discuss the matter. Let us wait for Marcus then we'll talk about it."Daniel said as he leaned back on the couch.

"Have some tea and calm down a little. It'll help rationalize your thoughts."Victoria said as she placed the tray on the center table.

Caden gladly took the cup, who was soon followed by the rest. As they eased their nerves with the tea Marcus finally came in the room with a folder in his hands.

"I've brought the information you've asked for."Marcus announced as he handed Daniel the folder.

"Thanks Marcus."Daniel nodded as he took the file.

"What's that Dad?"Caden questioned.

"It's the detailed information about our pack's patrols this month. I make Juan keep track of it just in case."Daniel replied as he looked into the folder searching for the file he wanted. "Exactly as I thought."

"What do you mean?"Marcus asked his Alpha.

"Yesterday's attack on our border must have been done knowing the routines of our patrols. There's no other way they would know about the fifteen minute window when the warriors were the least at the south. Someone must have passed this information to the Rogues. Also I think the Rogues are being led a very ingenious leader. Their attacks and their formations are not like the normal Rogues; they are all calculated and thoroughly thought out."