26

"The training seems to be going well."Az commented as he stood behind Caden watching the progress.

"The Warriors all seemed to be motivated by yesterday's events."Caden quietly mused.

The morning had come and reality had crept in again, seeing the warriors train just made Az realize the gravity of the situation. He had woken up to Caden's hands wrapped around his torso and only wished that they could stay that way forever.

"Az, we have to go back home, Grandma is back."Novak spoke to Az.

"Are you alright Novak?"Az asked with concern. After giving him back the control Novak had went into a deep slumber to restore his own spiritual aura. Using Pnevma's fragments had caused immense strain on the both of them but they chose to bear with it quietly.

"I'm alright; I've recovered from yesterday's exhaustion so you don't need to worry about me."Novak assured Az.

"That's good." Az sighed in relief knowing that his wolf was alright.

"Listen Caden, I have to rush back home, Grandma is back. Um..I know you wanted to meet her but can that wait a little more please, I would like to ask her some things first."Az told his mate.

"Umm alright, you sure you don't need me to be there?"Caden asked a little worried.

"Don't worry I'll be fine besides we've got the patrols guarding the border near my house too so I'm sure it's safe."Az reassured him.

"Alright then, just call me if you need anything, okay?"Caden asked of Az.

"I will, love you."Az said as he planted a kiss on Caden's lips.

"Love you too."

......

"I'm still worried about the images I saw in Lyla's memories Novak."Az told his wolf.

"We'll get our answers soon. We even need to talk to her about her relation with Haley remember?"Novak reminded Az.

"I don't understand why Grandma would associate with a 'werewolf' when she clearly doesn't like them much."Az commented, he was still amazed when his Grandma was so accepting of his mate, we'll he never told her specifically but that was besides the point.

"We'll find out soon enough."Novak said as he paced inside.

.....

"Grandma.."Az called out as he entered the house.

"Az...what are you doing here? And what happened to your hair?"Lucy asked as she came out from her room.

"I thought this was my house too and I guess I just liked a little change...and anyway why are you back so early?"Az decided to slowly get to the topic after some casual talk.

"Oh someone here decided to rush with the plans of the Council and I had to rush back to take precautions over the matter."Lucy simply replied.

For the first time Az was suspicious of his Grandma's vague answers but he chose to ignore them like always and get to his point.

"Grandma we need to talk..."Az said as he nodded towards the living room and Lucy silently followed.

"Who is Haley?"Az asked.

As soon as the name left his lips he hears a sharp intake of breath from Grandma followed by her eyes turning hard.

"How do you know that name?"Lucy countered the question.