24

"Open the cells Heinz."Caden commanded as they reached the pack's prison. Heinz and Amy had tagged along with them wanting to know 'how' and 'why', Tom and Lyla decided to do what they did.

Daniel and Victoria had stayed back at the Packhouse in order to check on the other members as well as to bring back some order after the events following the attack. They had decided to not tell the pack the whole story about Az just yet but revealed that he indeed was a Spirit Wolf.

Novak had yet to give back Az control for he still needed to check into the anomaly he had felt when he met Lyla at the pack grounds earlier. He had felt a chill run up his spine that reminded him of same feelings he felt when he stood in the presence of Jack though it was a little subtle.

Caden was still seething with anger and hatred over the events he had witnessed in the battle, the only thing keeping him from killing the two was the calming aura that flowed out from his mate.

Heinz opened the lock for Tom's cell and entered first followed by Caden and Novak while Amy entered last and closed the door behind her. The silence and tension that filled the room was thick and suffocating, one could almost feel the anger that seemed to buzz in that cell emanating from Caden.

"Explain." Caden spat out coldly breaking the intense stillness of the cell, while his eyes pierced right through Tom's who was bound by silver chains hanging from the four walls. Tom had been weakened by the silver but was yet to be tortured in anyway.

Tom remained silent though he heard the Alpha loud and clear. He was worried about his mate and feared for his life. He loved her despite all her flaws and wouldn't be able to forgive himself if he was the reason she got hurt. For once in his whole life he wondered how life would be if he was never born a 'Werewolf', maybe then his mate would love him and accept him the way he did.

"I said EXPLAIN" Caden roared in his Alpha tone making Tom shake in fear.

"Please don't..hu..hurt her."Tom blurted out.

"This is the last time I'm gonna ask you, explain."Caden said in a tone so menacing it sent shivers of dread across the room.

"Fine..fine.."Tom rushed his words out while tears filled his eyes, "I told Lyla about being a 'werewolf' and also about you guys when she asked me about our pack. I honestly thought she accepted me and our kind. I was blinded by my love for my mate, and in that I gave away the patrol routine to her when she wanted to meet me saying that she didn't want to disrupt my duties."

"Alpha I would never intentionally put harm on our pack..I'm sorry..all I wanted was a mate to love and be loved...please don't kill her..."Tom cried out, his voice was shaking terribly with fear, remorse and dread as he pleaded with Caden for his mate.

"Just because you found your mate and want to be accepted doesn't GIVE YOU ANY RIGHT TO ENDANGER YOUR ENTIRE PACK!" Caden busted in rage. "Your actions caused the pack the dearth of their ALPHA, do you realize what you have done."

"I'm sorry Alpha...I'm sorry.."Tom cried out feeling absolutely defeated and ashamed. He blamed himself for the chaos in the pack, the loss they had to bear and the lives they lost.

"You are insanely lucky that my mate was able to save us else don't expect me to be showing you nay mercy.."Caden spat out still feeling betrayed by his HEAD WARRIOR.

"Don't blame yourself for their deaths, you do not need to carry all the weight on your shoulders, but while in captivity, reflect on your actions, your pack still needs you Tom but you've broken their trust and that is something that can't be easily regained."Novak said understanding Tom's perspective and also knowing that none of the pack members were gonna be buried today.