38

A week had passed in the blink of an eye and now the day of the ceremony knocked on the door.

The Durwood Pack had spent the time in setting up their borders again, renovating the damage done on the grounds as well as setting up bigger houses nearby the Packhouse as per the demand from Az. Though they were yet to be told why the houses were being built.

Az was sitting in his and Caden's room as he nervously tapped his foot, he didn't know where the nerves were coming from yet he felt them eating him within. Maybe it had something to do with the plan they had after the ceremony.

The week had been crucial for Az to get his thoughts and feelings sorted at the same time accepting the new chapter in his life. He had finally come to terms with his Grandma's passing and had decided on the place to bury her ashes.

"It's time Az."A voice from the other side brought Az back to reality and he heard the knocks.

"Come in."Az said as he stood up taking a final glance at the mirror.

"You look great...I'm so happy for you Az.."Amy cheered as she entered the room. "You're gonna be a great Alpha along with Caden by your side so don't even think about doubting yourself now."Amy assured Az sensing the slight reluctance in Az.

"You know Amy, so much has happened in the little time I stepped foot into this city, from finding a mate, to finding out my true self, to the hardships that we had to tackle, but if in the end I get to have a moment of joy with a family like the Durwood Pack then I'm sure it was all worth it."Az concluded feeling hopeful both for Amy and himself.

"I'm glad you feel so...but don't get too sappy just yet.."Amy humored before hugging Az in a silent embrace that spoke great lengths to the relief and joy that they felt knowing all the chaos had settled and life was getting back in track. "I can't wait to see you as the new Alpha of Durwood Pack. Don't forget me then."Amy joked.

"I don't think you'll let me."Az shot back as they both shared a laugh; a laugh which seemed so scarce in the past week but felt heavenly now.

................

Caden now stood in front of his pack with Az by his right holding onto his hand, fingers interlocked, as they waited for his Dad and Elders to start the ritual of passing on the title.

He had always dreamed of this day, this moment ever since he was little, although he never in his wildest dreams thought that his mate standing beside him would be a guy, but now he couldn't be more grateful for having Az in his life who brought along with him the love, closeness and fullness of soul that he had always longed for. He smiled knowing that this day was going to mark the start of their new journey as the new Alphas of the Durwood Pack and he could barely contain his excitement in wanting to dive straight into this new chapter of their lives with Az by his side.

He looked over the crowd who stood in the grounds all waiting patiently for the ritual to begin. He could see his best friend, Heinz standing beside Marcus and Matthew smiling ever so proudly at him, Caden felt a sense of gratefulness wash over him at that moment knowing that Heinz would soon be his Beta, and he couldn't ask for anyone better. His eyes then found Amy, the girl who first found his mate and befriended him and soon became a part of their own clique.

His eyes then fell on Lyla and Tom, she had woken the day after Az had awaken and had been apologizing since then to the point where Daniel had to order her stop. She had woken with all her memories even from the time when she was under the influence of the shadow fragment and it broke her apart knowing the amount of hurtful things she said and did. Az had reminded her that it was not her fault but she still felt the guilt. Tom had helped her greatly to get over that guilt and integrate her into the pack, which surprisingly didn't seem to faze her much.