14

Az's tears stained his pillow as his heart kept weeping for Caden. He knew he had to tell him the truth before they ever mated but he had always thought that Caden would at least see things from his point of view. He believed that Caden would be there for him, was what he thought he felt just an illusion?

As soon as Caden had left the room he ran out and got into his car and drove back home where he locked himself inside the comforts of his room and now he laid there on the bed as he emptied his eyes out.

Maybe this is what Grandma meant when she said to see if he is worth to be my mate but the only difference is that I am not worthy to be his Az's thoughts began to wonder into dark terrains.

Just then he heard loud banging from the front door. He already knew who it was judging from the aura they emitted but he wasn't in the right mind to be meeting anyone or so he thought until the banging got too much for him.

Az picked himself out of bed and went to unlock the front door.

"AZ!" Amy shouted as she hugged Az as though she might lose him any moment.

"Can't..breathe."Az managed to croak out from Amy's tight embrace.

"I'm so sorry Az."Amy said as she wiped her own tears.

"Why are you sorry?"AZ said confused.

"I should've stood up for you when Caden said all those things about you. I know he was angry and a little hurt but that gave him no reason to shout like that especially at the person who saved the future beta's life. I should have said something at that moment but I stayed silent. I'm really sorry." Amy said while the tears fell off her rosy cheeks.

"He had every right to express his thoughts Amy. I understand why he is hurt and angry and believe me it hurts me too but you have no need to apologize to me. Maybe I should have said things earlier and this issue would never have occurred."Az said as he wiped the tears off Amy.

"Now look at us all red and puffy because someone chopped too many onions." Amy said earning a chuckled from Az while she let out a smile.

"I'm glad you're here."Az said after finally pulling himself together. He was glad to have someone beside him after what he and spilled today. "Um so you are okay with who I am?"

"Of course. It just makes my best friend so much cooler."Amy grinned. "But honestly Az, give Caden some time. I know he came off as rude and angry but he's your mate he will come around. He has always been overprotective of the ones he loves, he must have felt that you should have told him sooner so that he could protect you. I'm sure he'll come to his senses soon and regret his outburst. All he needs is a little time to compose himself."

"Who are you and what have you done to the Amy I know?"Az asked pleasantly surprised at the encouragement he received from Amy.

Amy smacked Az's arms in annoyance."Geez Az you just had to spoil my moment of wisdom!"

"Amy, I'm really sorry, I would've told you sooner but my doubts and insecurities got the better hold of me." Az said as they both took a seat in the living room.

"All that matters is that you told us and now we know Az. Now.... I would like to learn all there is about the Spirit Wolves." Amy said as curiosity began filling her baby blue eyes.

Az simply laughed feeling much happier though the cloud of sadness still hovered in the back of his mind. But he was grateful for the friend who sat in front of him now with complete acceptance.

..........

"I thought I would find you here."Heinz said as he sat down beside Caden who stared at the waterfall in front of him. "You always come here to think and calm down ever since our childhood."