Eight

"Was it really alright to let Yoi fight by herself?" Sango asked when they got back to Kaede's village.

"She insisted on it," Miroku said. "She knows Waru better than any of us, so if we tried to do something, we may only be getting in the way."

"We still could have lent her some assistance," Kagome said. "Even if we don't know anything about Waru."

"If we come across Yoi again, which I'm sure we will," Miroku said, "we can ask her about battle strategy and ways we can help her."

Sango nodded. "Until then, we should make sure we will be ready for battle at any time."

"It would probably be best if we stayed away from villages," Miroku said. "We don't want to drag them into this battle."

"You're right," Kagome said. "It may only create more of a problem."

Although he didn't say anything, the way Sesshomaru looked around said they should move as quickly as possible.

Kagome went to get her bag from inside. Kirara sat next to it, her fur ruffled from Waru's strong, dark aura. I'd be more surprised if she didn't sense it, Kagome thought, picking up her bag and the twin-tail. She went back outside.

She was about to say something, but something made her stop. She turned toward the way Yoi and Waru were. Kirara jumped from her arms and she let them fall to her sides. Only when Sesshomaru accidentally brushed her hand with his sleeve did Kagome look up.

"What is it, Kagome?" Sango asked.

"I thought I heard someone call my name," Kagome replied. "I wasn't sure, so I guess I zoned out trying to focus my hearing."

She turned around again. "I heard it again," she said quietly. She listened closer.

"Kagome!"

Sota? No, it can't be. I must be imagining it, she thought. She turned to her friends. "I think we should go."

They nodded. They all left the village and went for the hut they had used before out in the woods.

~~~~~~~

The long awaited chapter~! I'm sorry for not updating sooner and that the chapter is shorter than the others... I didn't have time to write recently because stuff came up...

I'll have a new chapter as soon as I can, I promise <3

Thanks for all the love~!