07

I didn't look forward to today. I came to school extra early so I could grab the note if Jimin left any and prepare for the biology test that our teacher announced out of nowhere.

There were barely any people here, I could see a few caretakers, but other than that, I couldn't really spot a single student.

It wasn't until I saw that boy from yesterday. He was sitting on the bleachers, a book in his hand. Does he have a biology test, too? Is he in the same class as I am?

Even from a good distance, he managed to spot me looking at him. To not make things awkward, I waved at him. He didn't respond, though. He returned his gaze back to his book.

Umm, okay? Bookworm much?

I made my way into the building and started looking for the note first. Luckily, there was one, but unluckily, Jimin had a lot to say.

You're bold and lucky. If this got in the hands of Lance, you'd be toast by now. That would have resulted in him making it onto the wall of shame yet again.

You needn't worry, I don't have time to play around with nonsensical things like those.---

Ouch.

--- Quantum physics? What a peculiar question. Can't tell if you wanna get closer to me or if you're genuinely interested in it. I don't particularly like it, I'm more interested in literature and dancing.

So, an anonymous person, I'll assume this thing isn't going to stop for a while. I might as well make the best out of this while we're still talking. I can't believe this really stupid way of exchanging notes is keeping me intrigued.

I'm so curious to meet you in person. Can I get a hint about you? Like what year you're in and your gender? You don't have to answer the second one if you're uncomfortable or still questioning.

- Park Jimin

That was quite nice and thoughtful of him. He might be harsh and a strict rule follower, but he respected people and their boundaries. To an extent, at least...

Am I starting to agree with Park Jimin finally? Probably.

I hurriedly started writing a reply.

I wanted to see your reaction. I like/dislike quantum physics to be very frank. I like/dislike literature. I love listening to music though, I know, it's very common but it's something? :P

I'm so glad you're so positive about this whole thing — you're just the brightest, aren't you?

I'm a (your gender), and I'm in senior year. The thing is, we definitely have seen each other but don't exactly know what we look like.

I sheepishly folded the paper and hid it behind the notice that I decided to read later.

I huffed, sitting down on the floor against my locker and revising for the upcoming test. I was so unsure of what I knew and what I didn't.

Time will tell.

School was almost over. It was time to read the notice.

I can't stop thinking about that damn biology test. I'm pretty sure I did fine, but my doubts say otherwise, I really need to surround myself with more optimistic people.

This notice was an actual "notice" not only by Jimin but by someone else, too. It was for senior year students specifically this time.

╔═════════════╗

Hello, hello! ^_^

I hope everybody is doing well! Autumn is nearby, I hope you all are ready for the beautiful red and yellow leaves surrounding you, the delicious pumpkin spice lattes, and the cold weather creeping in. Please make sure to wear your scarves and mittens if you feel cold!

Make sure to wear the school sweater if you will. Keep yourself well covered. Don't wanna catch a cold, do you?

Signed:

Kim Taehyung! :D
[Class Vice President]

Park Jimin
[Class President, Hall Monitor]

╚═════════════╝

Jimin is a class president as well? Damn, he must be excellent in studies, too. I loved the fact that he let his friend put his name first because the first para was definitely written by his friend by the way it sounded.

I turned around to leave, but somebody caught my eye.

It was the boy from the bleachers, leaning against the door frame of the main entrance. He was staring intently at me as if he was waiting for me to walk out.

"School's already over. What are you doing here?" He says, walking towards me.

What is this dude's problem? When I try to talk to him, he ignores me like I cheated on him in his past life or something.

"I was reading the notice board, I didn't get the chance to read it earlier." I reply, half lying. I did have time, I just utilized it to study.

He raises his eyebrow at me, I wonder what he's about to say now.

"Didn't you arrive at school 40 minutes early?" He asks, walking closer. I have no clue why he's interrogating me this much, but I don't like it.

I crossed my arms to signify that I didn't want him any closer than he was. He was about to invade my personal space if he took a single step further.

"I only arrived early to revise for my biology test," I answer, pouting a little bit. He mouths an 'oh' and I don't give him a chance to speak, "I'm leaving now."

He doesn't say anything, just walks out of my way. I don't bother saying goodbye or even bye to him. He was very shady.

I felt his eyes linger on me, but I had other things to worry about than a nosy boy.