12

There were a few days left for the Winter Ball. Almost everyone had a date ready.

Meanwhile, I don't even have a single friend here.

I do have one, but he doesn't even know what I look like. And I don't know what he looks like.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

There was a new notice on the bulletin board about the date and timing of the ball, but I didn't bother to look at it.

I'm not going, so why even bother?

I waited for the bell to ring so that I could be done with school today already. This weather and my chronic loneliness are eating me up.

Boring.

I'm watching people put decorations up in the huge auditorium. All the chairs and desks were gone, only banners by Taehyung (which he did a marvellous job at) were up. Almost everybody was busy doing something.

I wonder if I should go home, there's no point in me staying here. Plus, I don't feel so well.

I walk out of the auditorium and walk up to my locker. There was a note attached to it.

Oh. I completely forgot to reply to Jimin, I'm an awful friend.

Pulling the note away, I open it and start reading it.

I think I found you...

I can't be mistaken...

It has to be you.

I'm so glad to finally see you. You're way ethereal than I had imagined.

And it had no name attached to it. Huh, how did he even find my locker? I mean- he knows what I look like, so that's a dumb question.

That ethereal being can't be me. He must have mistook me for someone else. He did get my locker correct, though... I- I'm not the one he's talking about.

I sigh, taking out my backpack and filling the early leave application I grabbed on my way here. I close my locker and start walking towards the main entrance.

Sound of footsteps come rushing in the hallway.

Ugh, can you be any less noisy?

"Y/N!"

Huh?

I turn around and find the dark-haired boy catching his breath. He looks at me for a brief moment and then punches the wall in annoyance.

What is he even doing? And how does he know my name?

I did feel bad for him, but I was really feeling unwell to help him out. I took a step further towards him, but Jungkook had already come to his rescue.

I walk out of the building, hand over the early leave application to a teacher I see outside, and start making my way towards my home.

The real question is, how did that guy even know my name? I don't recall the name plate mentioning my first name.

I shrug and walk away from school mindlessly.