15

I was let go after approximately 50 minutes by the geography teacher, and that too. I had to plead to her to let me leave because I had to look after my sibling.

She was practically having a therapy session with me, I would have appreciated it any other day, but today I had to meet Jimin, and nothing could stop me.

And not to mention the fact that I don't want to do anything involving teachers when school hours are over.

I rushed towards my locker, struggling to put the combinations in.

C'mon, why are you troubling me today? Stop!

"Can you calm down? They must have been caught up in some work."

I couldn't focus on the people talking in the background, I was too busy putting the combinations in.

"JIMIN!"

Wait... Jimin?

Before I could process anything, I was being trapped against the locker by the dark-haired boy. His hands were on both sides near my head, hair was falling everywhere, and he had this fire in his eyes that intimidated me the most.

"Jimin, can you stop and think rationally for a moment?" Taehyung came running towards us but stopped midway at the tense sight. He dashes out of the building when he notices Jimin, not leaving his eyes from me.

This... this dark-haired dude who I had issues with is.... Park Jimin? God!

All this time, this dude was Jimin, and I had no idea? Why do I have to be so oblivious and gullible?

You are the biggest imbecile in the entire world, Y/N. There were so many signals, but you couldn't read between the lines.

The questions about reading the notice board late, the astonishment on his face when he read the name plate of my house, and when he screamed my name out the day I was leaving early...

It was all because Park Jimin; the class president Park Jimin, who was looking after students, Jimin, who had recognized his friend and Jiminie, who was too scared to confront me at that time...

I'm so...

"What took you so long...?" He asks, his voice lowering with each word. There were tears in his eyes now. It felt as if he was asking me why it took me so long to recognize who he was rather than me running late.

"I was... instructed by the geography teacher to stay back a-after school.." I muttered out, too intimidated by him. Any word I let out could break him even more, I didn't want that at all.

He broke into a smile, getting closer to me if that was even possible.

He was so beautiful, I wanted to admire him all day long.

There was a part of me who was so unsure that Jimin hadn't found the right person, but I feel so assured now... It's all starting to make sense.

"H-how come I never made it to your wall of shame?" I ask, trying to lighten up the mood and not make Jimin cry anymore.

He laughs, oh his laughter was adorable. I'm so glad I can hear his laughter now. See it too.

"I noticed your uniform. Something inside me refused to believe that someone could dress so perfectly to school. Maybe that's why I was so caught up in you. I apologize."

I pinch his cheeks, and he yelps out in displeasure.

"Don't apologize stupid. You were just doing what you were supposed to do. I should have recognized you way sooner."

He sticks his tongue out while chuckling, and I do too. His connects his forehead with mine, smiling so brightly at me.

He's so light-hearted in person.

He finally talks after we stop chuckling at each other for about 2 minutes.

"Y/N... it's so nice to finally talk to you... as Y/N and not a person holding grudges against me."

"I didn't hold grudges against you. I was just... scared." I sighed.

"Don't be, we have a lot of adventures to go on." He says, his voice was like a whisper now. It made me nervous and excited at the same time.

"Adventures? L-like... what?"

He looked into my eyes, and I could feel my soul leave my body. Those eyes weren't soulless anymore. They had so many emotions in them that I couldn't identify at the moment.

"Like my confession: Y/N, I like you... a lot... more than as a friend. Will you go to the Winter Ball with me?"

Never in my life would I have thought I'd be the one who'll be able to make the bold Park Jimin quiver and vulnerable.

I still couldn't believe the fact that he was there all this time, and I couldn't even recognize him.

I nod aggressively at him.

"I.. I like you too... now that I've seen you... I like you a whole lot more! And yes! I wasn't planning to initially, but yes, I'm more than willing to go with you now!"

He smiles widely at my positive answer and leans in, connecting his soft lips with mine.

thank you very much for reading! ♡