09

It had been a few weeks since I started talking with the hall monitor and class president through notes anonymously.

We had grown closer to each other, and I could practically call him my friend now.

He's fun to be around with. There's a whole lot that I don't know about him, but for the time being, whatever I know is fine. I don't wanna rush things with him and make him uncomfortable.

There was a problem, though.

He was dying to see me.

He didn't even make a notice. The notice from yesterday was still pinned on the board, but there was a new note sticking out slightly.

He must have been caught in work.

I unfolded the note and started reading it.

Don't I deserve to know your name, know at least?

I couldn't even make a notice yesterday because all I kept thinking about was you. I want to know what you look like, maybe I will stop asking you if you give me a reason as to why I can't see you yet.

I can't live knowing a friend I gained is studying in the same school as me and in the same damn year.

You don't know how many times I've wanted to just stand near the board and catch you in the act, but I won't do that because I respect your privacy.

Just give me a sign, and I'll shut my curiousness down.

- Your friend who's dying to see you face to face

It's kind of shocking that the most disciplined Park Jimin couldn't make a notice just because of me, someone who he hasn't even met physically yet.

Is my impact on him that strong?

I wish I could tell him that I'm so used to replying anonymously to him that I almost feel insecure meeting him.

What if I don't meet his expectations?

What if he gets disappointed at the sight of me? He knows almost how every student performs.

I finally decided to reveal my name to him. I've been going kind of unfair. He does deserve to know my name, my appearance even.

You deserve to know it, I'm sorry to keep you waiting. I'm Y/N L/N.

I'm insecure about myself, Jimin. I'm also used to this anonymous persona I'm playing.

Trust me, I desperately wanna meet you. I don't think I can confront you first...

Will you do it?

Try to figure out who I am? Sounds ridiculous, but I think it's better than to keep you waiting.

I'll wait for your answer.

- Your friend who so desperately wants to meet you too

I hesitate for a while, taking a deep breath. I aggressively push the folded paper behind the old notice that still hadn't been taken down. My hands were still shaking. Yeah, I think it's better to leave it to Jimin. He's witty, so he'll figure out who I am in no time.

My eyes linger on the bulletin board for a while before I head to Linguistics class.