10

Mackenzie
August 30, 2028

I head over to a wedding convention to look at some things I need for my wedding.

" Hi Ms, welcome to wedding convention 2028." The receptionist said. I smiled.

" 1 ticket-" I was cut off by a guy wearing a white shirt with denim jacket." 2 tickets. I'm her husband." I looked at him confused, he was wearing a shade and a fake mustache.

" Ok sir." The receptionist said handing him the tickets as he paid for it and dragged me inside.

" What are you doing?" I asked stopping him. He looked down to me and leaned closer.

I ripped the fake mustache on his face." Oooww. Why'd you do that for?!" Johnny asked.

" You look ridiculous." I said." Kenzie... I'm really sorry about what I said to you." Johnny apologized.

" So here I am, make me suffer. The day is yours." He said sincerely. I rolled my eyes.

Both him and I head inside a limousine." You like this? I like it. It's comfy. But for me, a carriage would be nice. It feels magical." He suggested.

" Isaak and I are not a romantic couple." I said then head out the limousine and went to the ring section as Johnny followed.

" That. That one. It's really pretty." He pointed to a gold ring." I don't see anything that Isaak would like." I said then thanked the sales lady before moving to the cake section.

" What do you like? Chocolate, Vanilla,  Caramel?" He tried to suggest." Mom likes chocolate." I said as I taste test the cupcake.

He laughed and took out his phone." What?" I asked confused." You have chocolate on your teeth." He said then laughed again.

I couldn't help but join his laughter.
We moved to the bridal gowns. I sighed." Why do you look sad?" He asked.

" Because, this gowns are not Isaak's type." I said." Isaak?! Mom? Why are you depending on your family's desire? This is your wedding. What do you like?" He asked.

I sighed as I looked down." Come with me." He said then dragged me out of the convention.

We arrived in a karaoke bar, a band was performing inside as I could here.
Johnny opened the door.

" After you." He said as he let me get inside first. We found our seats.
" What do you like?" He asked.

" Uhmmm... John... you don't have to help me anymore. I can do everything on my own now... I'll find Dominick on my own... I'll just call you if I have papers that needs your signature... you're free... I won't bother you anymore." I said.

Johnny

As Kenzie said those words, I felt kinda hurt. I just smiled. Then everyone cheered as the band finished performing.

" Tonight's open mic night. Who wants to request any song or perform? You can shout any requests just from your seats." The performer said.

As Kenzie was looking at the menu, I went on stage." And we have a performer." The guy said.

" Handsome." The girl said, I smiled as I saw Kenzie looking at me. Calling me to get down on stage.

" This song, is for my wife." I said and everyone awed as Kenzie hides her face on the menu.

" But we're going to get annulled soon." I said, Kenzie slowly put the menu down as everyone looked at her.

She looked a bit sad." So maybe, she would change her mind after this." I said as I looked at her and everyone ooed and cheered for me.

" Sunrise with you on my chest
No blinds in the place where I live
Daybreak open your eyes
'Cause this was only ever meant to be for one night..." I sung as I looked at her.

Later that night, as we head to the parking lot. I hummed.

" Sunrise with you on my chest
No blinds in the place where I live..." I sung as we head over to Kenzie's car as she looked for her keys in her bag.

Then she looked at the time." Shoot!" She said to herself and quickly picked up her phone. I saw Isaak's name so I stepped aside.

" Isaak, I'm so sorry." She said." Kenz, you're five minutes later. I have a conference. I'll call you when I get back. I have to go. I love you." I heard Isaak said.

Kenzie looked at me, hesitant to answer Isaak." Loveyoutoo." She said quickly right before Isaak ended the call.

" So.. that's Isaak." I said leaning against her car. She leaned against it too then crossed her arms.

" Yeah." She said." Sweet... he's very lucky to have you." I said." Actually, I'm lucky to have him." Kenzie said.

" He was my knight in shining armor... he's the one and only Isaak Presley. He saved me on my first day in our university... I was this lost, clueless girl. Who would've thought, a guy like him would fall in love for a girl like me." She said.

" He seemed very strict." I said." No, that's just how he is. He's very straightforward and stable person. He knows what he wants." She said then I nodded.

" Let me guess, he's my life, my light on a dark night, my compass." I said.

" Compass... that's right. He leads me to become a better person." She said.

" So that's why he's always making the decisions." I said then turned to her.

" So it's gonna be forever?" I asked then she nodded." Forever." She said.
" It's getting late... I have to go." She said.

I stepped aside and opened the door for her. She gave me a smile before heading inside.

I went to my car when I received a message from an unknown number.
I gasped and quickly chased Kenzie's car and make her come down.

" Kenz, someone texted me, she said her names Nicka, she knows where Dominick is. She's in Hawaii." I said showing her the message.

" John!" She yelled in excitement pulling me in a hug. I hugged her back.

There's something about her... that this hug was different from others. I couldn't help, she's genuine and kind.

She awkwardly pulled away." I can't wait." She said." I'll see you soon." She said heading back inside her car and driving away.

Don't be a ghost reader.