15

Mackenzie

September 7, 2028

It was the day of the wedding and I was looking for Johnny at the beach when from a near distant. I saw him standing with another girl. 

I stopped as I saw them hug. I just couldn't take it so I left. I sat down next to Brynn as we watch the wedding." Have you seen Johnny?" Lauren asked.

" No." I lied then we all paid attention to the wedding. But I couldn't, there was a lot going on inside my head.

My heart pounded as I saw Johnny with another girl. Why do I feel jealous over it?

Johnny

I let go from the hug." Wow, Dominick... I can't believe this." I said." It's Nicka, now." Nicka said.

" You and Bryce?" I asked." I should've confessed a long time ago." Domin- Nicka said a tear slipped down hi-her cheek.

" I wish Bryce and I risked it... If I only knew this would've happened... maybe Bryce and I are free and finally together." She said.

" As they say, in love... every hour, every minute, and every second... is important." Nicka added. I nodded, agreeing to her.

Later that night, at the reception of the wedding at the beach, it was fun but, the whole day, Kenzie's been trying to avoid me.

" Come on, let's dance." Carson said dragging Brynn. William and Lauren joined them. Finally, I got the chance to talk to her.

" Kenzie? Are you okay?" I asked. Kenzie turned to me and nodded and drink the glass of champagne.

" Wait, I'll go get a refill." She said standing up from her sit when I held her back." Sit down." I said. She didn't said a word so she sat down.

" What's up?" I asked as she looked around, looking uncomfortable at the situation. She looked back to me." Nothing... Uhm... Dominick? Where is he? Tell him I can't wait for him. I have to go back to LA. I have more things to do for my wedding." Kenzie said.

" And for you, I told you I could do it on my own. You're a free man... I don't want to disturb you, especially when you have something else to do here." She said which I was confused about.

" What do I need to do here? I'm so confused. What are you talking about?" I asked." Aren't you with another girl this morning?" She asked.

I sighed in relief, smiling at her." Are you jealous?" I asked with a smile. She quickly shook her head." What? Jealous? No." She denied.

" Excuse me." She said walking away. I went after her." Kenz, I need to tell you someth-" I was cut off as Kenzie walked away.

" Kenzie. Wait." I said pulling her back and turning her to face me." I really have to go... this is wrong." She said.

" What's wrong?" I asked." This is wrong... this is very wrong." She said. I held her chin up and looked her in the eyes.

Knowing what she was talking about." But this is the right thing." I said, then she slowly calmed down.

" Kenzie, I love you." I confessed." I fell in love with you the first time I saw you." I added." John.." She said looking down.