13

Mackenzie

September 5, 2028

" Anniversary promo for married couples to get a chance, to win, an exclusive buffet!" A host from the restaurant we are in, announced.

The group and I shared a look. Carson nudged Johnny and Brynn looked at me with a smirk." No." I said." Come on Kenz, it's free buffet on the line." Brynn pleaded.

" Brynn, I am not doing it." I said." You're married." Brynn said." And so are you and Carson." I said." I mean it wouldn't hurt if you guys try." Lauren said.

" Not you too." I said to Lauren who chuckled." Lauren's right." William said." So what do you say, Mackenzie?" Johnny asked standing up.

My eyes widened shaking my head no. He smirked and held my hand dragging me in the middle with other married couples.

The group cheered from our table." John, you know I don't like this." I said." Why not? You dance. I don't. It'll be fun... and funny. Just trust me." Johnny said.

His smile was just priceless. Every time I look at him, I couldn't help but smile. I feel free and happy around him and I don't know why.

" Let the game begin!" The host said as we were given a news paper." Paper dance. Classic." Johnny let out a soft laugh and started dancing as the music started.

I laughed then I saw my friends filming us." Come on Kenzie. Dance!" Johnny said. I gave in and danced with him. I can hear my friends cheering us up. 

It went for a couple of more rounds. Couldn't believe, Johnny and I made it to the last round. I looked at Johnny, just chilling as he danced through the music with his... weird dance moves.

The moment the music stopped, Johnny picked me up and balanced on his one foot. Our eyes met, and that second felt like forever.

" We have a winner!" The host said, Johnny and I looked at each other, shocked. Realizing we were the winner. The group cheered as Johnny let me down.

" You two are relationship goals. Please come to our wedding the day after tomorrow." The guy said. Johnny and  looked at each other." Sure." I said and Johnny nodded.

" See you guys around." His fiance said then we both smiled. Later that afternoon at the beach, I saw Johnny looking at his phone, I decided to to sneak behind him.

" What's that?" I asked startling him." Nothing." He denied." Sure?" I asked trying to take his phone." Kenzie what are you doing?" He asked, laughing.

" Give me your phone!" I demanded." It's just a picture of the part of my life." He said raising his phone way up so I couldn't reach it.

" John, let me see!" I pleaded." Ok, ok. Fine." He said finally giving his phone. I looked at it and it was a picture of me and him when we were hiking.

I looked at him, then he smiled." Aren't you a part of my life?" He asked and I smiled." Hey guys- Sorry, did I ruin your moment?" Carson asked.

" No. No, not at all." I said." What are you doing here?" Johnny asked." I was going to call you guys for dinner." Carson said.

" Ok." Both Johnny and I said in unison. Carson smiled before leaving. Johnny and I looked at each other then chuckled before following Carson.

We all sat down outside the girl's cabin, setting up a long table for us as William was cooking barbecue with the help of Carson.

" Where's Brynn and Lauren?" I asked." Here we are." Lauren said as she and Brynn walk to our table, carrying reusable bags.

" Where were you guys?" Johnny asked." We went to buy drinks of course." Brynn said bringing out bottles of beer and chips.

" Are you trying to get us drunk?" I asked." Wow, Kenzie. Nice question." Brynn said rolling her eyes before sitting down next to me, putting an arm around my shoulder.

" We need to loosen up and sometimes, relax. And enjoy this beautiful beach to ourselves." Brynn said.

" Weirdo." I teased, Brynn laughed." Buzz kill. Like I told you, don't stress out. Tonight, you need to relax. For once." Brynn said.

"  Brynn's right. Tonight, all we need to do... Is have fun." Carson said placing a plate of barbecue on our table.

Lauren opened the bottles and handed one, each. Everyone sat down.
" I would like a toast... a toast for love... and support of my dear friends and to call my very own family. For helping Kenzie... and I." Johnny said raising his bottle.

William, Lauren, Carson, and Brynn smiled raising their bottle then turned to me.

I smiled and raised my bottle." Cheers." I said. They all laughed, then after it, we ate and talked about our lives.

" What do you see yourself in 5 years?" Johnny asked. Specifically looking at me.

" Married... and have 2 kids... with Isaak." I said, doubting. Doubting myself. It felt like that wasn't the future I've been looking for.

Johnny nodded." I guess, William and I'll be married." Lauren said, trying to break the awkward silence between all of us.

" I mean, Brynn a-and I'll p-probably have 5 kids, hopefully." Carson stuttered letting out an awkward laugh.

Brynn looked at him weirdly." 5?!" Brynn asked. Carson looked at her and nodded.

" We're making a basketball team." Carson said then Brynn playfully hit his arm. We all laughed.

This two never cease to make us laugh. Brynn chuckled and kissed him.

" Ok, before things get heated and out of control. We should go to sleep." Johnny said.

Carson and Brynn pulled away and chuckle." I agree. I'm gonna go to bed." I said, standing up from my seat.

" Goodnight guys." I said before heading inside and going to bed, leaving them outside.

Hey guysss! Make sure to leave a vote, comment, and follow me for more stories. Peace!