nine !

chapter nine
kida

"you're a terrible bowler!" kida rolled her eyes as stiles started yelling at scott, obviously distraught about his lies to strike up a competition with jackass. "i know! i'm an idiot." kida lifted both her hands to slap each of them over the head, pinching the bridge of her nose and letting out a loud sigh. "newsflash dick-for-brains, you're a werewolf. you were magically good at lacrosse, maybe it'll be the same with bowling." neither of the boys listened to her, both of them too caught up in scott's huge downfall.

"i mean, first it turned into the whole group date thing. and then out of nowhere comes that phrase-" scott cut stiles off before he could finish, throwing his hands up in the air. "hang out." stiles continued his rant, the two boys leaving the short legged girl two strides behind them. "you don't hang out with hot girls, okay? it's like death." kida rushed forward when she heard this, pushing herself between the two boys and looking up at stiles. "you guys hang out with me. am i not hot?" she loved teasing stiles, she especially loved seeing him get all flustered when she'd run her hands down his chest.

"what? yes you're hot. you-you're more than hot. you're beautiful, you're like gorgeous, and i'm rambling." she silenced the boy with a wet kiss to his cheek, grinning and wrapping her hand around his gently. "anyway. back to the problem." scott pulled them out of their loving trance, diverting them back to his girl troubles. "when you start hanging out, you may as well be her gay best friend. you and danny can start hanging out." kida lifted her free hand to punch stiles' shoulder, pouting at the buzzcutted boy. "you're not allowed to hang out with danny. you'll corrupt my baby."

"how is this happening? i either killed a guy or i didn't." scott was still talking about the bus driver, who kida believed he didn't kill, but stiles and herself had changed topic. "i don't think danny likes me very much." kida frowned, rubbing stiles' arm lovingly and looking up at him. "why baby?" he shrugged, kida still half listening into what scott was saying. "i ask allison on a date and now it's hanging out." she moved her hand to rub scott's arm now, the boy breaking his rant to smile down at her. "am i not attractive to gay guys?" stiles seemed genuinely upset about it, causing kids to half laugh half choke.

"i think you're attractive sti." he grinned down at her, soon frowning again when he remembered what he was thinking about. "i make first like and the team captain wants to destroy me and now...now i'm gonna be late for work." scott rushed away from stiles and kida, leaving the two in the dust with stiles' burning question. "wait, scott, you didn't...am i attractive to gay guy-you didn't answer my question."

————————

"get your bike, kie. we're going to the hospital." kida grinned when she saw the text from scott, she was always his first choice to go see his mom. they'd take her some food when she was working the night shift, and they would always stay a while to keep her company. "is my beautiful, talented and wonderful son actually bringing me dinner? without kida having to force him?" scott gave his mother a lopsided grin, handing her the dinner without shrugging off kida's arm that was wrapped tightly around his bicep. "thought you wouldn't mind skipping the cafeteria tonight."

kida was grinning beside him, she always loved visiting mama mccall at work whenever she could. "you are the most thoughtful, loving, most conniving little con artist ever." scott's smile dropped as he looked at his mother, kida giggling beside him. "you are so not getting the car tomorrow night." kida snorted, burying her face in scott's shoulder and absolutely dying. "mom!" scott elbowed kida's ribs as he exclaimed in protest, melissa just grinning evilly at him. "there's a curfew, no car. but i will take this. i'll see you later kida." she grabbed the chinese food and bounded away from the two, leaving kida in a fit of giggles, and scott appalled.