🖤13🖤

⚠️MENTIONS OF SUICIDE⚠️

2 months later
Graduation

"The graduating class of 2020. How crazy. Look how far we've come." Mr. Weather bee smiled making all the parents clap.

"I'd like to introduce our Valedictorian, Antoinette Topaz." He smiled making everyone cheer.

Cheryl clapped as Toni shockingly walked up on stage.

"Uh... I wasn't expecting this." Toni chuckled into the mic.

"Well, I wanna give a small speech about progress and growth. As you all know almost 5 months ago I saved someone. Someone I fell in love with while doing so. And the progress she made, and the growth I saw in her I know that she's getting better. If you ever feel overwhelmed or down and think you should end it. Don't. It just causes more pain." Toni said before clearing her throat to speak again.

"Think about your little siblings, if you have some, think about how they'd feel after your gone. Or think about your mom or someone who's in your life that cares for you. Think about the things you'd miss out on. Like your little brother's first baseball game or his graduation. Think about missing out on finding the love of your life. As someone wise once told me is that "You have to go through the bad to get to the good." remember there are good days ahead. Don't lose hope, God has a plan. Thank you." Toni smiled.

"Wooooo!" everyone cheered as they clapped.

Cheryl smiled, wiping a tear before scooting over for Toni to sit down.

"That was beautiful, Toni." Cheryl smiled.

Toni chuckled, wiping Cheryl's tears.

"Don't cry, beautiful." Toni whispered.

Cheryl closed her eyes as she nodded, letting Toni peck her lips before laying her head on Toni's shoulder.

"Wow... Uh, amazing speech, Toni." Weatherbee chuckled as he wiped his own tears.

"Now we will announce the 2020 graduates." He said as he picked up an diploma.

(It's not in alphabetical order)

"Cheryl Blossom." He called.

"YEAH, CHERYL." Clifford and Toni's dads yelled making Cheryl giggled as she walked across the stage.

"Cheryl here got the best grade on her SAT." Weatherbee smiled.

Cheryl gladly took her diploma before moving her tassel to the other side of her cap-making the people go crazy as they cheered for her.

Then Cheryl saw her. Her smile dropped as she looked at the woman.

Her mother stood on the wall, clapping along with everyone.

As Cheryl walked back to the chairs, Toni noticed that she seemed off.

"You okay, Baby?" Toni asked.

"Mhm." Cheryl hummed.

"Kevin Keller."

"Yeah, Kev!" Mr. Kelley called as Kevin collected his diploma before moving his tassel.

"Antoinette Topaz." He smiled.

"THAT'S MY BABY GIRL!" Antonio yelled making everyone cheer louder

Toni chuckled as she got her diploma, moving her tassel to the other side.

"Jason Blossom." He said.

"YEAH, JASON!" Clifford cheered.

The boy got his diploma, moving his tassel.

"Elizbeth cooper." He smiled.

"Laura santcaz."

-----

After graduation was over, everyone took pictures as they stood in the parking lot.

"I'm so proud of you two." Jason and Cheryl heard from behind them.

They turned around, sighing when they saw their mother.

"What are you doing here?" Cheryl asked.

"I can't come to see my kids graduate from high school?" Penelope asked.

"No! Because you lost that privilege when you drove Cheryl into an attempt of suicide!" Jason yelled, grabbing Toni and Clifford's attention.

Penelope looked away, "I said I was sorry." The woman mumbled.

"Yeah, well sorry isn't going to take away the pain you put me through. Do you know how long I've tried to impress you so you'd like me? I stopped doing the things that made me happy because you told me that it was worthless. And that nothing would ever happen if I continued. So don't think for a second that you can run away from your problems only to come back and say that you are sorry?" Cheryl scoffed.

"You weren't even at the hospital after my attempt. You just ran away, thinking that was the solution. Please, your a pathetic excuse of a mother." Cheryl said before grabbing Jason's hand and walking away.

"Hahaha! She told you!" Jason laughed as he looked back and pointed at the woman who stood there feeling small.

Good, that's how she's supposed to feel because that's how she made Cheryl feel all of her teenage years.

------

"It was so badass!" Jason chuckled as they sat in red lobster.

"You don't know how long I've been holding that in." Cheryl giggled as Toni stroked her thigh.

"See. I told you it feels amazing." Toni giggled, drinking some of her water.

"So, Highschool's come to an end. What's next?" Jason asked as Laura laid her head on his shoulder.

"We go to college. Start new." Toni smiled.

"I'm going to community college with Toni." Cheryl nodded.

Toni smiled, kissing her forehead.

"I got accepted to Havard." Jason and Laura blurted out at the same time.

"Really, JJ?! That's amazing!" Cheryl smiled.

"Mhm. I got the call before graduation." The redhead smiled.

"That's why you've been acting so strange." Clifford chuckled.

"Yep. I'm really gonna miss you guys." Jason said, referring to his sister and father.

"Well, There are always holiday visits." Clifford said.

"And our birthday!" Cheryl added.

Jason nodded, pleased with the idea of coming to visit on holidays.