🐺 SIXTEEN

Eight days since we came back from the Doc and got the news that I'm having four pups, that's still a weird name to call my children but I'm getting used.

My mother-in-law to be threw me a congratulations party. She lives for parties. It was nice. I got to know the other ladies well since it was women only . I heard more stories about how they met their mates and most of it was romantic.

"Babe!" I call Ace from the bedroom. He was in the kitchen making me breakfast in bed before he goes to work. Ever since we got the news, he's been treating me like a baby. I told him if he starts to do that now, it's going to be a long nine months but imagine my surprise when I was told that warewolves carry pups for only three months.

I almost shit my pants. And I'm not joking. I thought I had 9 months to prepare myself for these pups but I only had 3 freaking months. I freaked out and he had to call his mother to calm me down. I was embarrassed afterwards but still, it was understandable.

"Is something wrong?" Ace burst through the door.
"I don't mean to scare you or anything but isn't my stomach a little too big for  my two week pregnancy?" I ask him a little panicky. I was looking in the mirror and I've been gaining a lot of weight which o don't think I'm supposed to and my stomach is bigger.

If I wear normal clothing anyone can tell I'm pregnant.
"I guess, I mean you're growing three times faster than a humans pregnancy" I cringed at the word human.
"Don't use that word, if you do then I feel like if I'm not human, then I'm a freak!" I yelled a bit.

"I'm sorry babe,I won't use it again" he quickly apologized after he saw my face. I've been getting so emotional and ticked off lately. Just his presence might annoy me but then again, if he's not there I miss him terribly.

I look at him in the mirror and he's smiling, suddenly my body started tingling and before he could protest, I jumped his bones.

*****
"I don't need you to make me a cup of tea Nica, I can do it alone"
"If you do make yourself a cup of tea, then what am I supposed to do?" She says already up making my tea. She's behaving almost like Ace, ever since I confirmed I was pregnant, she's been treating me like an invalid. It pissed me off.

I just settle for rolling my eyes at her because intimidating her won't work, I've tried it, she just let's me tell and she'll still do what she wants. I wonder who's the Luna here.

I wanted to say something when I felt something move in my stomach. O made a face.
"Luna, are you ok?" Veronica asked me when I clutched my stomach. I nodded and she handed me my tea.

I took a sip and this time my stomach moved so much I tipped my cup over and released a yelp.
Veronica was on me in record time.
"Shit!" I heard her curse and she ran to the phone. The pain in my stomach was so unbearable I was having a hard time breathing.

******

I opened my eyes slowly but it felt like a heavy duty. I felt so dehydrated and my throat was dry. I looked around the room and noticed I was in our bedroom and Ace was sitting besides me holding my hand.

"Hey" I crooked.
"Hey, you're awake" he said his voice hoarse, he looked bad.
"Have you been crying?" I asked as he  touched my face and removing hair from my face. "what happened?" I asked .

He leaned forward and kissed me on my lips. It was nice feeling him on my lips. I tried sitting up but everything hurt, Ace helper me so was leaning on the headboard. I felt something tugging on my arm and realized it was an IV.

"What happened Ace?" I asked again.  He sighed .
"I need to tell you something" I nodded in encouragement so he can go on. "Our pups, they're special, they are going to be born in 6 weeks"

"As in, I'm going to miscarry?" I asked after a bit my eyes starting to blur.
"No, no, uh, full term"
"How can that happen, how is that possible?" I ask confused. "I thought you said, normal pups are born after three months now it's half that?"

"I didn't think it'll affect our pups , I'm so sorry" he started crying and I'm just being confused more.
"I don't understand"
"Just, please, I just want to tell you how much I love you, he gathered me in his arms and kissed me"

"You're freaking me out Ace, just say it"
"I'm not totally a warewolf"
"Then what are you?"
"Mom comes from a long line if witches, her father was a wolf butcher mother was a witch so she's both, her bloods runs through me so Im part witch"

I just nod" I don't see how that's much of a problem to our pups"
"It's not, my father was a vampire"
"Your father the Alpha? You told me yourself he was a wolf how could that be?"
"Yeah, that's what I thought too, until mom told me he's not my biological father"
"When did she tell you?"
"Yesterday"