¤~|| Chapter Seven | A Cursed Hunger ||~¤

Hello, darkness my old friend

It's nice to talk to you again.

*inhales*

OUR FIRST HUNGER CHAPTER LIKE FINALLY.

××××××××××××××××××××

.: Mono's P.o.V. :.
.: Third Person-ish :.

Mono and the other walked deeper into the hall, seemed to look the same as the others that they have went through. The farther they walked, the more Mono felt weary and a bit light-headed from tiredness. Mono shook the exhaustion away, it's the after effect when turning to an extinct animal.

Doing it twice was exhausting. Third time... well he'd be probably knocked out cold. The other animals, he could turn to them with no hassle, but would still eat up tiny bit of his energy.

His head pounded and Mono shook it off again, it wasn't time to get exhausted. He can fight it off like he always did, it got darker the farther they walked and Mono used his ladle to light the way. It was sheer luck that his mother was still somehow listening to him, and gifted him that ladle turning to a sword or bow before totally disappearing without a trace.

The hall looked familiar and far ahead was a barred room with little to no light. If he was right, this place could head to the cafeteria. If there was food it could be good, that and rest a bit since the exhaustion is not going away until Mono would stumble down unconcious.

They slinked past the bars and ahead was a dark room with an elevator at the end, there was exhaust fans on the left side of the room and helped to have a bit of light for the room, which mostly had nothing inside.

They walked on to the elevator, Mono used his ladle to press the button and the elevator shot up. The door opened and they went out, almost near to the cafeteria.

Then a squelching growl echoed through the air.

Mono became alerted and turned back, Six suddenly crouched down holding her stomach while wincing. Seven became as shocked as he was and crouched down to Six's form, "Six? Are you okay?"

"N-No... argh!" Six groaned while clutching her sides, her face contorted in pain. Mono crouched down infront of Six, "Are you hungry?" Mono asked and Six panted, her stomach winced and all she could do was nod.

"Okay," Mono said and turned to Seven, "C'mon, the cafeteria is nearby, we can get food there," he said while helping Six up and so did Seven. They carefully carried her into the cafeteria, every few steps Six's stomach squelched and they'd have to stop or else Six would get hurt from too much movements.

When they made it, there was still a barred like window over to the cafeteria. They couldn't climb over the bars to get the food, but luckily there was another kid on the other side.

The kid turned their attention to them, "What the- Oh hey Seven!" The kid greeted Seven like they knew him and Seven smiled and walked up to the kid's place by the bars, "Hey Nine, got any food?"

Nine nodded, "Yeah, came here to eat my midnight snack, what for?"

Six's stomach growled again and Six winced, Mono rested Six by the side and faced Nine, "For her," he said. Nine tilted his head to see Six and frowned, "Oh yeah, she doesn't look good," he said while turning around and picking off a piece of his bread and handing it over to Seven.