CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

I was lost inside my head a lot. I hated the prediction that I got, the only good thing that I heard was that I will be a powerful waterbender, but then again what good was that if I had these other problems? It was all just stressing and freaked me out.
I don't want to leave my family but if it's what I have to do to keep them safe...the real question is will I even be able to do it?

"Kaida." I heard and looked at Katara. "The boys went ahead we should hurry over."

"Sorry." I apologized. "Come on then." We walked down to see Sokka and Aang looking around.

"Did you guys lose something?" Katara asked them.

"No, we found something!" Aang replied.

I walked over to see Sokka picked up an arrow and stated that it was burned. It was also broken but I guess that wasn't as important.
"There was a battle.. Water Tribe warriors ambushed a group of firebender, the firebenders fought back but the water warriors drove them down this hill." We ran down the hill following him and past the rocks onto a beach.

"So then what happend?" Aang asked curiously.

"I don't know the trail ends here." Sokka replied.

"Look!" I shook Sokka's arm as a smile crossed my face. "One of our boats!"

Sokka, Katara, and I quickly ran over to the boat and Aang followed after.

"Is this dad's boat?" Katara asked.

"No, but it's from his fleet." Sokka answered and smiled. "Dad was here."

I smiled even more. "That's great! Who ever this boat belongs to might come back!" I said excitedly. "So we stay here and wait for them."

⇢ ⇢ ⇢

We set up a fire and Aang and Katara went to sleep while I laid down. I was glad that we found a boat, we haven't seen dad in a while and I knew that affected Sokka a lot because he was too young to go with dad.
See? How could I leave my family and friends when I'm so close to seeing dad? I trusted Aang alot which was not very easy to say.
   Sokka was still awake poking at the fire. As soon as I heard somthing I froze the person in place.

"Who's there?!" Sokka asked.

"Sokka?" The voice said as I pulled them closer to the light.

"Bato?!" Sokka and I both said, smiles appeared on our faces.

"Bato!" Katara said.

"Kaida, Katara!" He smiled, I freed him and we ran over into a hug "It's so good to see you kids, you've grown so much."

"Hi I'm, Aang." Aang bowed.

"Where's dad?" Sokka asked.

"Is he safe?" I asked.

"Is he here?" Katara asked.

"No," Bato replied. "He and the other warriors should be in the Eastern Earth Kingdom by now." A cold breeze hit us and we shivered. "This is no place for a reunion, let's get inside."

We followed him back to an Abbey as he told us about his injury "After I was wounded, your father carried me to this Abbey. The sisters have cared for me ever since." Bato explained then turned to a lady.
   "Superior, These are Hakoda's children they've been traveling with the Avatar. I found them by my boat."

"Young Avatar." She bowed. "It gives me great joy to be in your presence, Welcome to our Abbey."

"Thank you, it's truly an honor to be here." Aang said and bowed. "If there's anything—"