Chapter 6: Jason gets all political and Marvin can't have sex

Whizzer had come over Saturday evening after work and found Marvin asleep at the dining room table. He giggled to himself at how squishy his face was against the wood and set about making a quick stir fry, trying to keep the noise down.

He pulled out some of the paperwork from underneath Marvin, trying to put it away before he would wake. If Marvin woke up to it, he would go back to work- Whizzer knew him well enough to know he had to hide it. He was trying to order it into a stack, when a memo caught his eye.

It was a small pink sticky note-Marvin's favourite colour- with a scrawled note reading, 'ask whizzer to design new iron Man suit.' He made a mental note to ask about it later and went back to the stove. It only took ten or so minutes to cook, but Marvin was beginning to stir, mumbling things in his sleep. Whizzer opened several random drawers until he found the one with the bowls and served up three portions- putting Marvin's and his own down on the table before walking down the hallway until he came to the only locked door, and knocked.

"Fuck off" he heard the raspy yet muffled voice of Jason yell out.
"It's me." From inside Whizzer could hear the frantic sound of windows opening, and rustling.

Whizzer got down on his knees and got out a random hotel keycard he had from five or so years ago. He slid it through he crack in the door, delicately moving it up and down until he heard the tell tale click and opened the door. In front of him was Jason frozen in position, eyes wide with a blunt in one hand and a can of deodorant in the other.

"Next time kid, you've gotta have your windows open from the start, and block under the door with clothes- I could smell it in the hallway."

Jason sighed as he sat on his bed, "what do you want Whizzer, did my Dad send you?"

Whizzer shook his head before wading through the shin high piles of clothes and sat down next to Jason, handing him the bowl. "I thought you might be hungry!" Jason started shovelling the stir fry into his mouth like a wild animal ,"woah, when was the last time you ate Jason?"

"At my Mom's" he replied a piece of baby sweet corn hanging out of his mouth, "and now I've got the fuckin' munchies."

"Jason!" Whizzer scolded, a hint of sympathy in his voice,"that's so bad for you, you need to eat more!"

"I do normally, it's just- I got in a fight with Dad-" he sighed Slowing down the pace he was eating at slightly "- he hasn't moved since yesterday, and I didn't want to see him, so I didn't got to the kitchen, so I didn't eat." He shrugged.

Whizzer sighed at what Jason said.

"Pass me the blunt." He said, looking at a shocked Jason," what- I was a starving art student, my diet consisted of pot for my whole school career." He sighed as he inhaled, the familiar taste bringing back memories that he would have rather forgotten about.

The pair sat in silence for a few minutes-the only noise coming from Jason's mouth with his chewing.

"Have you thought about seeing a psychiatrist Jason-" Whizzer finally asked," you seem stressed, it may help."

"What, see a stranger about my many issues, tell them my deepest secrets only for them to tell my mum?" He laughed," uh no thanks!"

"You can always tell me- I'm going to try to avoid your mum at all costs." Whizzer replied, trying to add some levity to the situation. "In all seriousness- they can't tell your mum- oath of secrecy or shit."

Jason smiled at him, "maybe one day I'll take you up on that." Whizzer put out his hand to accept Jason's bowl and got up." Whizzer, what do you see on my Dad other than the money? He's cold, uncaring, bitchy as fuck and I'm pretty sure he's autistic."