Chapter 21: Aphonia

This made me happy and sad at the same time. 

Anyways, I'm lowkey feeling the stress right now, BUT I FINISHED MY SECOND ANIMATION!!! IMMA ADD IT, BUT IT'S ALSO ON MY IG.

hope you enjoy people

In the centre of the bright room, Jason lay in his hospital bed, eyes closed as he listened to the adults talking around him, them hissing loudly as he came to.

"When he wakes up, I'm going to kill him."

"but it wasn't exactly- "

"I'm going to kill him!"

Jason's eyes flickered open, knowing that he would rather go through it sooner rather than later and he braced himself as he waited for them to notice him.

His parents were in the centre of the room, Trina biting at her nails anxiously and her hissing escalated into full on yelling at Marvin, she had found out the actual serosity of the whole incident and Marvin had got a serious scolding along with several knees to the crotch, which Whizzer had laughed about, ending with Marvin giving him several death stares.

In the corner of the room was Whizzer, sitting in an armchair, reading a newspaper, looking up every now and again to roll his eyes at Mendel's feeble attempts to calm Trina down.

Mendel was stood next to her in a pathetic fashion, tugging at her sleeve like a child and sitting on Whizzer's lap was Cordelia, fiddling with his hair.

"you must get a lot of complements huh, my wife swoons over you and she's gay?"

Whizzer put his newspaper down onto Cordelia's lap. "Well once this girl gave me seven dollars and ran to the bathroom crying because I was quote unquote, 'the most beautiful person she's ever seen', that made me feel sort of fuzzy inside, but usually I get told that I'm 'pretty', I don't like that."

"why?"

"I don't know, seems superficial, like people use me and think I'm stupid because I let them. I'm not stupid."

Whizzer looked to Jason, seeing his eyes open wide as if pleading for him to not notice. Whizzer winked subtly, smiling back to Charlotte as she entered with her white coat billowing behind her and clutching a clipboard in her hands, looking down at it.

"Hi Jason, how are you feeling today?" She asked as she strutted around the bed and suddenly Trina's head darted in Jason's direction.

He braced himself.

But nothing came.

"kid you're looking pretty good today." Marvin said as he went to Jason's side, ruffling his hair as Jason pouted, not able to speak.

Charlotte cocked her head, knowing something was off. "Jason?" she asked, "how are you?" He shrugged before a look of pain bombarded his face, "okay Jason, can you use your words?"

He looked away, wincing as his breathing sounded rattled and unhealthy as though there were coins in a vacuum cleaner.

"everyone out." Charlotte ordered, and suddenly the group that crowded the bed, filed out one by one, Cordelia kissing her cheek lightly.

Through the window, Jason watched Whizzer gently kiss Marvin and smiled for the first time in days. He avoided looking into Charlotte's eyes, instead counting how many blinds there were.

"okay Jason, is there anything you want to talk to me about...alone."

Suddenly tears welled up in Jason's eyes and he frantically pointed at his throat, still looking away, feeling the soft grooves of his trachea through his skin.