Chapter 27: Lana

it's so hard thinking of chapter names, sometimes they come to you, sometimes, they do not.

Metal claws the size of buildings suspended in the air, sharp and glinting in the bright neon lighting. The interior of the room was a brilliant white, stretching on for miles and miles, an almost exact replica of the secretive lab hidden in Feldman industries except... barren and empty, no one rushing around.

It was eery, too quiet as though they had entered a mirror world. The same, but different.

Spiderman was the one to break the silence, "okay this can't be-"

"it's not."

"it looks the same-"

"it's not. We're miles away... what the fuck?" Iron man did a single spin turning back to spiderman he opened his mouth to speak when suddenly they heard the distinctive clunk of an emergency door opened. They both froze suddenly, and Spiderman put a silent finger to his lips, throwing a web to the ceiling, so far up he couldn't even see it, and quickly reeled himself up. Iron Man pressed a tiny button on the inside of the gauntlet on his wrist and he quickly faded into the background.

On the ceiling, spiderman crawled upside down, his hands pattering against the white tiles as he stuck to them. He spun another web, holding onto it as he dropped down slowly, inch by inch. He let go and landed on a dark metallic machine, not sure what it was as he hid amongst the copper pipes. He edged his way along a thin pipe, twisting and contorting his body as he tried to fit into the tiny gaps.

The darkness of his suit blended into the scene behind him, the steampunk nature of the exposed pipes and metal. He waited in the shadows, watching as a lady strutted in, not noticing that she had company. Her heels were tall and sharp, clicking with every step she took, and she wore a sleek beige sweater dress, showing only her high thighs where the gap lay between her mini dress and her thigh length heels.

She looked vaguely familiar, spiderman thought, but he wasn't sure where from.

She stopped in front of a machine, her back turned to him, and he emerged quietly from the shadows, watching with his breath held.

"what do you want me to do this time?" She asked the room, a strong hint of sass in her voice as she spoke. At her feet, a control pad rose from the floor, and she tapped a couple of buttons. A large hologram appeared, a woman with steel grey hair and a dazzling pearl necklace. She was incredibly skinny, her collar bones protruding dangerously from beneath her pale bluey grey dress. Spiderman shrunk into the shadows again, afraid to be spotted. "Malory."

"took you long enough." The woman on the screen had a voice so icy, Spiderman could feel the room suddenly get colder.

"fuckkkk..." the woman muttered under her breath, not loud enough for the woman on the screen to hear, "why am I here Malory? It's stir Friday"

"I need another drink, you're still with my son?" The woman on the screen asked, snapping her fingers as a glass of, what spiderman assumed to be vodka, was handed to her. She drained it and almost immediately a second one was replacing it

"yup." She said, rolling her eyes, "what am I doing here?"

"you need to test the machine."

"we have tech guys for that- "

"do you mind?" the icy woman said, past the camera, "I'm trying to work!" Spiderman clamped a hand over his mouth as he heard five shots being fired. She put down the gun, and suddenly her face was large and incredibly close to the camera as she stared at the Woman in the lab, "My god! What shade is your lipstick, crackwhore red?!"