Chapter 28: Requiem For The Mask

•Y/N's POV•

"Baby! Come back here! You still can't fly with an injured part!" I scolded before I caught him in time when he almost fell on the floor. Suddenly, I gasp in panic before I hide him in the bathroom.

"Y/n, there you are! We've been looking all over for you!" Rose reminded before I force a smile while I sweat. "Oh hey guys! What are you doing here? The living room is at the other floor..." I remind them secretly nervous.

"We were about to, to play hide and seek! You in?" Blue suggested before I gulp. "Sure thing! That means big brother is 'it'!" I quickly respond before Shadow look to me surprised. "No way!" He argued before I pout.

"Come on, big brother~ Please?" I begged with big puppy eyes before he sigh. "Ok fine... For you..."

Once he start counting, I quickly open the bathroom and grab the boy before I rush to my room. "Mama, w-who are they?... Are they here to c-capture me?..." he said in panic before I quickly shake my head.

"No no no no, dear! They are just my friends suggesting me to play some games..." I reassured him. "Games?!" His face suddenly lit up when I mention 'games'.

"Where are you all?! I'll start seeking now!" Shadow's voice was heard from outside before I quickly lock the door in panic.

"Yes, darling! Games... And we'll play after 3 rounds with my friends, okay?" I said before he yawn. "S-Sure thing... Wake me up when you're d-done... I'm tired..." he said before he yawn again that made me broke a smile when he fell asleep.

"Sure thing, little nugget... Go and take your rest... We'll play chase later..."

I scream before I woke up when I heard a honk and saw myself sitting next to Joker in hos car floating in a river. I sigh in relief before I look above the sky. "About time you wake up..." The magician joke in sarcasm.

"Where's the cross?" I ask in confusion as I glance at every part of the night sky before he sigh. He knew what I meant... "We're here in Venice, Italy right now. It might take you time to spot it here..." he mention before I pout.

Well that's just disappointing...

"It's so pretty!" Hachi said while he look around once we stop as Hosshi respond in agreement. "That's because it's the perfect Pearl of the Adriatic, the city on the water, Venice! The Golden Lion Statue displayed in the art meseum is our treasure tonight..." Joker explain before he suddenly winced.

"What's wrong? Are you seasick? Or... constipated?" The small ninja ask. "M-My face..." he wheeze before he chin up, making me scream and accidentally throw my shoes at him that made him start laughing when he saw me and Hachi's reaction.

"Owh! Y/n, relax! It's just a mask! You both are such scaredy-cats..." He teased as he remove it slowly, showing his face back before I secretly sigh in relief. "You scared me... Also, what's a 'mask'?" I ask before he facepalm.

"Why did I even mention that... 'Mask' is a type of clothing for everyone to use for covering all or part of the face, worn as a disguise, or to amuse or terrify other people... This is a treasure with a lot of history I got a long time ago. Venice was holding it's once-a-year Carnival... The city was full of people in masks..." he explain.

"Who's Venice?" I ask again. "I meant Venice, Italy. It's a country..." he corrected. "Don't scare me like that!!!" The small ninja complain

"I caused a big ruckus and stole the treasure in the confusion..." he finished. "I see. Brilliant as ever! But please Joker, don't scare me like that..." I pleaded before he roll his eyes with a playful smirk.