eleven !

chapter eleven
lydia

"if derek isn't the alpha, if he's not the one who bit you, then who did?" stiles leant forward towards scott's chair, whispering in his ear. kida was beside stiles, eagerly waiting for her test paper back. "i don't know." scott's answers were short, like he was nervous about something, something bad. "did the alpha kill the bus driver?" stiles' questions were starting to get on kida's nerves, and he wasn't even asking her. she kicked his leg, causing him to hiss in pain and glare at her. "i don't know." stiles leant back in his chair, sighing through his nose harshly.

"does allison's dad know about the..." stiles was immediately cut off by scott, who ended up yelling at the poor boy. "i don't know!" the whole class turned to look at scott, all except kida who was too busy grinning at her paper. "stiles. i got a b plus." she shoved the paper in his face, pointing at the red grade at the top of it. he smiled fondly at her excitement, congratulating her and turning back to scott. "and you, mccall. don't yell at him." kida grimaced when she saw the contrast between scott's paper and stiles', the latter getting an a compared to the former's d minus.

"dude, you need to study more." scott threw his test down, refusing to turn to look at stiles and kida's faces. he sighed through his nose, causing stiles to roll his eyes at him. "that was a joke. scott, it's one test. you're gonna make it up. do you want help studying? i helped kie and she got a b plus." the girl wasn't listening to the conversation, instead pulling out her phone to text milo a picture of her grade. she was really proud of it, seeing as she was usually a d minus student. scott sighed again, muttering 'no' and telling stiles that he was studying with allison instead.

"that's my boy." now this part, kida has heard, and leant sideways to slap the back of stiles' head. "don't be a pig, stilinski." he apologised, rubbing the sore spot on his head and turning back to scott. "we're just studying." stiles raised his eyebrows at kida, who leant forward to join in the conversation. "uh-uh. no, you're not." scott turned around to face the two, his head tilting like a puppy. "no i'm not?" stiles moved forwards towards scott again, meaning kids had to do the same. "not if i'm forced to live vicariously through you."

"i'm sure girls are lining up to pop your cherry stiles." kida grinned teasingly, running a hand downs stiles' chest seductively. his breath hitched but he covered it up with an eyebrow raise and a 'really?'. she nodded, "yeah, i can name at least one." she decided to carry on teasing him, thinking it was cute when he got flustered around her. "who?" she grinned again, pushing her desk closer to stiles. "me." he just leant over to kiss her cheek, trying to ignore the burning knot in the pit of his stomach.

"if you go to her house today and squander that colossal opportunity , i swear to god i'll have you de-balled." kida threw her head back with a laugh, lifting a hand to high five stiles, still giggling. "i'd day i'd do the honours, but i don't wanna see scott's balls." it was stiles' turn to laugh, even scott cracking a smile at his best friends. "okay, just stop with the questions, man." scott's voice was quiet again, not wanting the entire class to hear about how stiles wanted to de-ball him. "done. no more questions. no more talk about the alpha or derek. especially derek, who still scares me."

kids rubbed his arm comfortingly, smiling to the buzzcutted boy happily. they exited the classroom, kida deciding she needed to go to the bathroom, and would catch up with the boys later. when she left he bathroom, she saw jackson with blood on the back of his neck and fingers. "jackson? what the hell happened to you?" she rushed towards the boy, turning him around and inspecting the back of his neck. "some psycho looking for mccall." her breath hitched, her heart feeling as though it stopped. "was he tall, dark, brooding, and a complete asshole?" jackson nodded, and kida immediately knew who it was.

"be careful, and get that cleaned!" she shouted as she ran down the hall, trying to find scott and stiles. "stilinski! sti, wait!" she latched onto his hand, the boy dragging her to the jeep and pushing her into the passenger seat. she was out of breath from running around school trying to find him, and her sentences weren't coming out properly. "derek...looking...scotty....jackson...slit....neck." she tried catching her breath, but to no avail. stiles slid a hand onto her knee in an attempt to calm her down. she screamed as a figure stood in front of the jeep, stiles' arm going in front of her body protectively when he braked.

he began beeping the horn, realising it was derek in front of the jeep. all of a sudden, derek passed out in the parking lot, kida rushing out quickly. "you gotta he kidding me. this guy's everywhere." scott ran over as kida knelt down beside derek, putting his head in her lap. stiles couldn't help the huge surge of anger he felt when he saw the scene, but surely he couldn't be jealous? they were just friends. "what are you doing here?" scott's voice was quiet but demanding, something that scared kida. "i was shot." kida pushed herself away from derek, tucking her body into stiles' and hiding her face in his chest.

"he's not looking so good, dude." stiles wrapped a single arm around her body, keeping her close into his chest. "why aren't you healing?" the cars behind stiles' jeep were beeping, and kida pushed herself away from him to flip them all off with a sarcastic smile. "i can't, it was a different kind of bullet." kida turned in stiles' arms to face the older man, deciding it was best if she didn't ask the world's most obvious question. "a silver bullet?" it turns out, stiles would ask it for her. and then get bullied by derek. "no, you idiot." derek rolled his eyes, eyeing up the two best friends who had yet to let go of one another.

"wait. that's what she meant when she said you had forty eight hours." scott had failed to mention this to anyone, and failed to mention how the hell he heard someone talking about derek, when he should've been at home in bed. "what? who said forty eight hours?" derek's voice was laced with desperation, and he knew he was going to die if he didn't sort this out. "the one who shot you." kida gasped as derek's eyes turned blue, but she was confused as to why they weren't yellow like scott's. "what are you doing? stop that." kida leant down, slapping the back of scott's head and telling him to have some sympathy.

"that's what he's trying to tell you, dumbass. he can't." scott placed a hand on derek's shoulder, squeezing tightly and looking into his blue eyes. kida held her breath when derek began changing, his fangs protruding from his gums, his eyes swapping between their green normality and their blue wolf eyes. scott stared deep into derek's eyes, as though commanding him.

"derek, get up."