Chapter thirty-six | Cynthia and Elias under a tree

Shock pulsed through my body as his lips met mine. The faint smell of his perfume filled my nose with his natural scent.

Why is he kissing me?

My mind repeated the question again and again. I didn't realize when, but my body froze in shock. My rigid body pressed against Eli's body, making him freeze too.

He pulled back from my lips and cursed under his breath. He had a guilty look on his face as his brows drew together in a frown.

"Fuck, Cynthia. I am sorry. I shouldn't have kissed you again without asking you. I am-" Eli tried to apologize, but his words drowned as my mouth replaced his.

Once again, our lips connected as I grasped his face in my hands. My heart thundered wildly, ready to burst out of its cage.

As I brought his lips against mine, our noses bumped, making me smile against his lips.

Tentatively, his hands came around my waist, pulling me closer to his body. My soft curves pressed against his lean frame as we aimed to mold us together.

His lips felt soft as the parking lot melted away. Every thought melted away from my mind, turning into a gooey mess.

I sighed in content as his lips pressed against mine in a soft passion, bringing my emotions to the front step.

Being a bit adventurous, his tongue slipped out of his mouth. Peeking from his lips and running over my lips lightly.

I opened my mouth as they traced the inner curve of my lips. It slipped into my mouth, and Eli's taste exploded on my tongue.

My mind went dizzy with euphoria as my eyes felt heavy. If this was a dream, I never wanted to wake up.

Our tongues moved together in synchronization as a faint taste of bubble gum filled my mouth. Eli's tongue moved in my mouth with expertize I didn't know he possessed.

We pulled back as we felt breathlessness, literally.

His breath fanned my swollen lips as his dark eyes gazed down at me. Eli was tilting his head downwards as his arms remained around me, keeping me on my toes.

My fingers tightened in his hair, ready to pull him in once again, but a screech pulled me out of my daze.

It took me a second to focus my eyes on the blonde behind Eli, and another few seconds to recognize her.

Sylvia's blue eyes were blazing fire as her face turned an uncomfortable shade of red. She crossed her arms over her chest as she glared towards me.

"Why the fuck did you guys kiss?" she screeched in her whiny voice. I cringed a bit as her voice gained attention. The people in the parking lot stopped their movements and waited for the scene to unfold.