the girl with purple hair

"See you Sasuke..."Y/N says as she exits the house the two shared in. The Hokage had them share a house two weeks after the massacre of the Uchiha clan happened. They were kept under strict watch from elite jonin for their safety.

"Alright," Sasuke says. "Don't stay out too late imoto-san." (Little sister)

Y/N and Sasuke shared a quick smile before she exits with her bag. She needed to run an errand to get an ingredient for the dinner she's preparing.

The shy girl walked through the streets of Konoha and hummed softly to a tune she remembered her mother singing.

La la la....la la la...

Y/N couldn't remember the song since it's been so long since she heard her mother sing.

Oh, how she missed her...

Sooner than later, Y/N arrived at the market where to get the ingredient she needed. As she was walking inside, shouting can be heard.

"Uh?" Y/N walked inside to see what was going on.

"You stupid demon! Go on before you destroy my stuff again!" The owner of the store yelled. He throws something at a boy who dodges it.

"Please! I have enough money to buy a cup of ramen!" The boy begged.

"I don't care! Get out of my store!" The owner then throws some coins on the ground which clattered.

People stared at the scene and Y/N was horrified. She runs up to the owner of the store and picks up the money, counting it. She then looks up at him and trembles.

"S-Sir...he has enough money...why won't you let him buy it?" She turns to the boy and recognized his face.

"That's Naruto from my class! A lot of people misjudge him and I see it happen almost every day...why am I doing something just now?"

"He doesn't have the right to buy anything from my store! He's banned!" The owner shouts.

"But for what? Surely, he hasn't done anything wrong." Y/N tries to reason.

"He stole from my store that's what!"

"He did?"

"No, I haven't!" Naruto shouts. "I may be a trouble maker but I don't steal!"

"Liar!"

"E-Excuse me, sir..." A soft-spoken voice said from behind Y/N and Naruto. The two turned around to see a girl with purple hair and lavender eyes. Her hand was on her chest and dollar bills were in her hand.

"C-Can I pay for the ramen then?"

"Ah..." Y/N blinks at the girl. "That's Hinata...she's from my class as well..." Y/N nods, smiling a bit, and grabs the ingredient she needed for dinner. (It was a spice that was in the front of the store)

"I'll buy the ramen too...and also this." She gently places the items on the counter and pulls out some crisp (c r i s p) dollar bills from her wallet. "Here."

"Uh...ugh..." The owner growls and snatched the money from Y/N and Hinata. They both smiled at each other then looked at Naruto who was flabbergasted by the whole situation.

"Keep the change..." Hinata says as she grabs the bag for Y/N. The three of them walked out of the store and Naruto stares at the two girls.

"Why...would you two do that for me?" Naruto asks once they were walking in the streets. "I was fine...I don't need dinner tonight anyway." His blue eyes looked at the girls.

"Well the owner was being a jerk so..." Y/N blushes and looks away. "We did the right thing..."

"And you do deserve to eat, Naruto...you're a human being like us..." Hinata says shyly.

"To them, I'm not...I'm just a monster..." Naruto frowns and just then, his stomach rumbles.

"Haha..." Hinata laughs a bit.

"You're a hungry monster." Y/N smiles and Hinata laughs softly.

"Oh..." Naruto grins.

The three walked down the street some more before Y/N took a deep breath.

"You guys..wanna...have dinner at my place?" She asked softly. She hides her face from her hair. (Y'all, do you guys have short or long hair?)

"Hmm?" Hinata looks at Y/N.

"Dinner at your place?" Naruto asks. "Don't you and Sasuke live together or something?" He wasn't too fond of seeing Sasuke.

"Well...yeah...he's my...brother." Y/N lies. "Well..not really my brother but.."

"Stepbrother?"

"Yeah..."

"I'll go," Hinata says and Naruto nods, feeling hungry.

"Ah! Great!" Y/N smiles. "Let's go then!"

"O-Okay..." Hinata and Naruto follow Y/N and soon, they were at her house. She unlocks the door and says,

"I'm back onii-chan. I brought over guest for dinner."

The sound of the shower running was heard and there wasn't a response.

"Hmm...He's showering so I doubt he heard me." Y/N grins and takes off her shoes while Naruto and Hinata did the same.

"Please, make yourself at home. I'll prepare some tea and treats then start on dinner."

"I'll help!" Hinata says and Y/N blushes a bit. "N-No, that's okay. I-I can do it."

"I insist."

"......"

Y/N nods and leads Hinata to the kitchen where they started preparing the tea.

It was silent in the house until all three heard the sound of the shower turning off. Y/N smiles and looks at Hinata shyly, wanting to ask her a question.

Hinata looks shyly at Y/N, wanting to ask her a question.

"Can-"
"Can-"

They said at the same time as they looked at each other.

"O-Oh! You wanted to speak first. I'm sorry..." Y/N says quickly and looks away with a blush.

"N-No! I'm sorry. Forgive me." Hinata looks away with a blush.

The two stayed silent before slowly going back to preparing tea.

"So.." Y/N starts first. "Y-You're really smart at the academy, Hinata-chan."

"R-Really?!" Hinata yelps as she nearly burned herself with the hot water. "I'm not that smart...."

"Yes, you are..." Y/N nods. The two were done preparing the tea and treats and Y/N handed Hinata the tray. "Can you please put this in the living room?"

"Uh sure..." Hinata nods and did as she was said. Y/N sighs and begins preparing dinner. But as she was able to do so, Sasuke opened the bathroom door, not knowing he had company over.

"Y/N-chan, you here?" He asked.

_____________________