Chapter 20: Classroom Secret

I hated small spaces, it’s like I can’t breathe in them, no matter how hard I tried.

The classroom I was in right now wasn’t small. In fact, it was really big, but Ryan being in here with me made it look small, and I could feel myself start to hyperventilate under his gaze.

“Look, if this is about the kiss, it meant nothing to me. We were just caught up in the moment, I get it. It was a mistake and I will never bring it up again. In fact, it didn’t even happen.” I blurted out in one breath, even though I could feel my heart ache at the words.

He was silent for a moment, his face void of any emotion, and I held my breath, wondering what he was thinking.

“Is that how you really feel about that night?” He asked, his eyes hardening and I wondered if I said anything wrong.

“Well...um...yes.” I swallowed through the tightening in my throat and tried to look nonchalant. This was what he wanted, right? He didn’t love me but Jenny, so I couldn’t show my feelings to avoid further complications.

He took a step forward, while I took one back because of how threatening he looked right now.

“So you’re saying, that if I kissed you right now, you wouldn’t feel anything?” He asked, taking steps closer to me but I couldn’t go further back, because of a stupid desk at my back. Who put that there? Its a classroom dummy.

“Uh...totally,” I replied while biting my lip to stop it from quivering. Why was he acting like this? He looked so different than the Ryan I knew. Was it something I said?

His two hands landed on the table at my sides, and his face lowered closer to mine, I could even feel his minty breath fanning my cheek.

“Okay then,” A devilish smirk appeared on his face, and I knew I wasn’t going to like what was going to happen next. “Let’s test that theory, shall we?” I didn’t even have time to comprehend what that meant, before his lips landed on mine, shocking me.

At first, my mind was blank, feeling those familiar lips on mine, until I started to move mine with his, which felt really good.

His tongue found a way past my lips and delved into the hot caverns of my mouth, eliciting a moan from my lips. I pushed my fingers into his hair, running my hands through them, while his hands molded around my waist and pushed me closer to him, leaving no space between us.

How could kissing anyone be this good? I didn’t want it to stop, and I forgot that this was wrong. He didn’t love me, he had a girlfriend and he would probably hate me later for this, and that was the last thing I wanted.

A moan passed through my lips again as he kissed me deeper, but all of a sudden, he stopped. He backed away looking calm and with a smug look on his face while I was breathing really heavily, and still in shock at what just happened.

“Stop lying to yourself, Samantha.” He shook his head at me, “It won’t do you any good.” And just like that, he turned around, and headed out of the classroom, leaving me still standing there stunned.

What the hell just happened.

****

The whole day, I was feeling disoriented at what happened in that classroom. Why did he kiss me again? Was it just to satisfy his own ego? I didn’t know the answers to those questions and I am certainly good at hiding, so I skipped lunch, as another tactic to avoid him.

And the rest classes I had with him, I skipped too and locked myself in the bathroom. I only hoped my teachers wouldn’t notice and call my parents because then mum wasn’t going to go easy on me.

By the last period, I was exhausted. It wasn’t easy being a spy, I can tell you that. Alex and Jane kept looking at me weirdly anytime I would hide my face, whenever I thought I saw someone who looked like Ryan, but they didn’t ask me anything.

I was at my locker now, trying to get some textbooks I needed at home for my homework, and dumped some in, that I didn’t need; when I heard someone walk up to me and stood beside me.

I froze immediately, hoping it wasn’t who I thought it was. I looked up, and found Trevor instead, looking down at me with those bright green eyes of his. I almost forgot all about him, because my mind was occupied with a particular someone who I’ve been avoiding all day.

“Oh, hi Trevor,” I say, breathing out a sigh of relief.

“Uh...hi. You weren’t at school yesterday, any reason why?” He asked while I kept rummaging through my locker.

“Was just a little bit sick,” I answered.

“Oh. Hope you’re alright now?” He asked and I just nodded, still busy shoving books in my locker. “So...a rumor has been going around now.”

“About what?”

“You and Ryan.” He said, and I froze again. I seem to be doing that a lot.

“What about me and Ryan?” I asked, looking at him now.

“That you guys might be a ‘thing’.” He shrugged and I remembered what happened in the hallway. Wow, people already made a rumor out of that so quickly.

“We are not a ‘thing’. We were just talking in the hallway, that’s all.” I quickly said and locked my locker to face him completely.

But then I saw Ryan behind him, leaning on a locker which was probably his, and his eyes trained on us. He was with some of his friends, who were talking amongst themselves, and didn’t notice his attention wasn’t with them, but there was no sign of Jenny. In fact, I hadn’t seen her all day.

“Oh, that’s surprising,” Trevor said, bringing my attention back to him.

“What is?” I asked.

“He rarely talks to anyone who isn’t on the football team or Jenny, and that’s because he dates her. He rarely even talks to her friends.” He replied, and I could still feel Ryan looking at us, or rather, glaring.

“Well, we were once neighbors.” and best friends.

“Oh, that explains it. Samantha? Are we cool? Like, are we you know...” He didn’t complete the sentence, but I knew what he meant.

I didn’t know if we could consider ourselves in a relationship, but we had been on a date. And I might not have strong feelings for him like I did Ryan, but I did like him a little bit.

Looking back at Ryan, who hadn’t taken his eyes off me, an idea pops into my head all of a sudden. I looked back at Trevor with a smirk, and said,

“Does this answer your question?” I rose on the tips of my toe and placed a kiss on his cheek. I was actually aiming for his lips, but it felt wrong then, with everyone looking.

Trevor stood stunned for a moment before a goofy smile appeared on his lips. I heard someone bang a locker close, very loudly, and I looked back to see Ryan storm away angrily, his fist clenched and his shoulders tensed. His friends and some other students were looking at his retreating form, confused and stunned.

“Can I drive you home?” Trevor asked, and I divert my eyes back at him. Alex was in detention again and Jane still had a Maths club meeting, so I decided I should take up on his offer.

“Yeah sure.” And together, we walked off to the opposite direction that Ryan just stormed off to.

*****************
You can read way ahead on inkitt. Please don't forget to vote, comment and possibly follow. Have a nice week.

Sky💖
Xoxoxo