Chapter 32: The Jealousy Game

Slamming the car door shut hard, venting all my anger into it, I stormed down the driveway home, gritting my teeth in anger. Not once looking back at my boyfriend or his ex-girlfriend that I so hate at that time.

Wow, it’s still kinda strange calling Ryan my boyfriend.

I couldn’t believe he hadn’t protested when she brought up her ‘brilliant’ idea of dropping me off first before taking her to a grocery store after we both agreed to stay together at my place. It was as if he was picking her over me! Or did he still have feelings for her?

Maybe we started too soon.

He only broke up with her a week ago, so maybe he wasn’t totally over her yet.

He yelled, “I love you,” but he didn’t get any response from me as I angrily shut the front door close.

Jenny probably was smirking in satisfaction while Ryan remained ignorant of her scheming.

I should have said something in the car, but that would have made me sound like an offensive jealous bitch to Ryan. He believed Jenny wanted to be his friend. But obviously, she wanted more than that, but he doesn’t know that. So I had to show him that being friends with Jenny would be nearly impossible if he wanted to be with me.

A smirk made its way on my lips when a bright idea popped into my head.

Not only Ryan can make friends with an ex-lover.

Almost two hours later, I laid sprawled on the couch dressed in a cream-colored sweater and grey sweatpants, chewing away on popcorn, and watching cartoons. Mum and dad still weren’t back from work, and I was beyond bored sitting all by myself. I should probably use this time to get some homework done, but I’m too lazy to do that now.

It’s not so great being the only child at home. I miss Jax. I wonder when he’ll come to visit again.

Being all by myself is making me think about Ryan and his bitch of an ex. I’ve been sulking ever since I came home.

I suddenly heard the sound of a car pulling up in our driveway. I think mum’s home. I patiently waited for her to soon stroll in through the front door, but that never happened.

Instead, I heard the doorbell go off and wondered who it was. I didn’t order pizza, so who could it be?

I dragged my lazy ass to the door, trying to fix my messy hair on the way.

However, I wasn’t expecting who I saw when I swung open the door. Ryan.

He was dressed as he was when he had dropped me and rode off with Jenny. A guilty smile also on his lip. 

I was slightly embarrassed as I looked a mess right now. My hair all over the place and popcorn crumbs on my sweater and my face.

I tried to act nonchalant though and shrugged like nothing was wrong, before walking back to the couch.

“I know you’re mad about earlier, but Jenny meant no harm. She didn’t know I planned on staying here with you, and I couldn’t just say no to her.” He started to rant as he closed the door and walked in behind me.

“She just wants to be friends with you too.” He added as he sat beside me on the couch.

I couldn’t help but scoff, internally. She just wants to be friends. Yeah, right. Like Jenny would want to be friends with me.

I didn’t face him yet but kept my attention on the TV, scrolling through all the channels. I tried to keep my cool facade on even though inside I was seething.