Chapter 33: Stay Away From My Boyfriend!

I stared at my reflection in the bathroom mirror, skillfully applying a generous amount of red lipstick on before turning to Jane.

"Okay...what do you think?" She was leaning on the bathroom sink with a bored expression on as she inspected her nails.

She briefly glanced at me. "Too much lipstick." She replied shortly before focusing back on her nails.

I don't blame her. I had dragged her out of class immediately the teacher stepped out, and only because I wanted her to grade my makeup. And I had already used three different colors of lipstick for her to grade.

"Really?! Oh, no." I stared at the mirror in horror as I tried rubbing off the lipstick.

I wanted to look pretty for Ryan since Jenny had been putting extra effort into her appearance lately. She usually always looks good, but lately, it's been different. I don't know if it's just me being paranoid, but I think she's trying to seduce Ryan.

She was either wearing something short that showed off her long legs or a close-fitting dress that showed off her hourglass figure, and her makeup was always on point.

And I wasn't the only one thinking so too, every other guy gawking her as she sashayed down the hallways thought so. And I swear she was adding more sway to her hips whenever she walked past Ryan.

He sometimes stared at her longer than he should, but I could see no interest in his eyes. Still, a girl can never be too careful.

So now I was fussing over my makeup. I trust Ryan and all that, but I just wanted to show him I could be just as good as her. I don't know why I feel the need to do so, but it was a basic instinct to try and impress him. Even though he reminded me on a daily basis that he loved me the way I was, I still felt a bit insecure.

Our relationship had been going pretty well this last couple of days, but it would have been much better if Jenny didn't always butt into our business. We hadn't even had a proper date yet! We've had lunch together in the cafeteria and bought ice-cream together, but it wasn't the same. And it was all because of her. Jenny. And Ryan wasn't making it any better by being all friendly with her. And he would always flip whenever he saw me with Trevor.

Whenever Ryan and I were together, she was always there. Be it in the classroom, hallway, cafeteria, anywhere! It was almost like she didn't want us to be alone together.

Sighing, Jane came to stand behind me and placed both her hands on my shoulder.

"Will you stop it?!" Her eyes met mine in the mirror as she lightly massaged my shoulder. "You don't have to try so hard, you know. I'm sure you would look more pretty if you weren't trying to look like Jenny!" She scolded while I hid my guilty eyes from her.

She was right. I was trying to look like Jenny, but only because I felt insecure. She had been a walking bombshell since last week.

"You're right. I'm not usually like this." I admitted and turned to her.

"Good." She patted my shoulder. "Now, you better be done because I won't be so gentle with you if you made miss lunch because of your insecurities!" She joked but looked a bit serious before heading towards the door, but she was stopped by Alex barging in.

"I've been looking for you two everywhere!" She exclaimed while dragging an unwilling Jane back in. "I've got something I want to show you guys!" She flipped out her phone with excitement sparkling in her eyes.

"What is it?" I asked curiously as we both gathered around her.

"Just make it quick." Jane snapped all of a sudden taking Alex and me by surprise. "What?" She asked when she noticed us staring. "I didn't get to eat breakfast this morning." She shrugged.