Chapter 28: Jenny is a Bitch

My legs were still feeling like jelly when I walked into the cafeteria. I noticed Alex and Jane already at our usual table with some other students.

I walked up to them while scanning the cafeteria with my eyes for any sign of Ryan, but I didn't see him anywhere. His friends and teammates were at their usual table, and even Jenny was there with her posse, but no sign of Ryan.

Jenny gave me the usual death glare, but I ignored her like always.

"What's up?" Alex nodded at me while Jane flashed a quick smile my way. But what took my surprise was Josh sitting close to Alex with his arm around her neck. He never sits here. He always sits with Ryan and his teammates, so why was he here?

Raising an eyebrow at him, I sit across him before putting down my lunch on the table.

"Hey, blue eye." He waved at me, sending a smile my way.

"Hey...why are you here?"

"I'm trying to get gorgeous here to go on a date with me." He indicated to Alex, who was busy devouring a sandwich.

"And I was nicely telling you to go to hell." She swatted his arm from her shoulder before focusing back on her sandwich.

"We'll go to any restaurant you want and order whatever you want." He tried again.

"Pick me up by seven." She quickly said, suddenly showing interest in him. His eyes lit up with a confident smirk on his face before leaving our table. "Oh, you know I can't resist such a good offer," Alex said when she noticed the look I was giving her.

"And what about quiet Brad?" Jane asked before I could.

"Well, he isn't ready to take me to dinner now, is he?." She scoffed, making me roll her eyes at her. So all it took was food to buy her out.

"I was thinking, let's have a sleepover at my place on Friday night. My parents still won't be at home this weekend." She shrugged.

We agreed and decided we would meet at her place, or she would come to pick us up.

When done with lunch, we stood to leave. But immediately I spun to the door, I felt something cold and wet, spill on the front of my top, sipping through to my skin.

I gasped, moving back a little in shock and pinching my top to stop it from sticking to my chest.

"My smoothie!" I heard a familiar voice gasp in fake concern for her dear smoothie. There stood Jenny with a half-filled cup oof smoothie, the other half on my pretty pink top. "Look what you've done. I was going to drink that." She whined like a spoiled brat.

"Me?! What're you even doing behind my chair, anyway?" I was beginning to think it wasn't a mistake. Thank God my top was pink, making it just look like it was water that spilled on me.

"You bitch!" Alex came to stand beside me, glowering at her.

"It's not my fault you're blind." Jenny ignores Alex, sending a bitchy smirk at me. Alex was going to attack her, I think, but I quickly stopped her.

Lately, it seems I love to draw attention to myself. Students were already watching us with excitement evident in their eyes, probably thinking we would have a girl fight. But I wasn't giving anyone anymore shows. And I wasn't going to allow Jenny to get to me.

"Let's just go." I dragged Alex away with Jane following behind.

"What the hell was that. You're just going to let her go, just like that?" Alex keeps yelling at me as we walked into the hallway.

"Just leave it, Alex." I sighed, tired of all the drama.

"I'm with Alex on this, Sam. You're letting her walk over you." Jane suddenly bits in, siding Alex.