14 - The Wild Area

Word Count: 1741

Sonia came walking down the stairs first the next morning, only to hear hushed banter and giggling coming from the far room.

Walking through the kitchen, she saw Gloria and Hop shushing each other as they both had their phones aimed at Leon, who sat on the couch.

A confused look spread across her face and that is when Gloria noticed her. She perked up and brought a finger to her lips, urging Sonia to be silent before motioning her over.

Sonia did as she asked and walked over to the kids, only to see what got them so riled up. You had your head on Leon's lap, sleeping soundly while Leon sat upright, his head lulled slightly to the side as he slept with a content look.

A smile spread across Sonia's face and she couldn't help but follow the children's example, taking out her Rotom phone and snapping a quick picture.

At that moment, Magnolia came walking down the stairs and the Chewtle that had been resting peacefully before, jumped up and ran to the woman with loud calls, clearly needing some attention.

Both you and Leon stirred and as fast as the three paparazzi could, they ducked back into the room with plants, hiding from sight behind the wall while trying to suppress their giggles.

- - - -

You woke up with a start from a loud noise. As your eyes opened up, you were met with the ceiling and a familiar face who was also waking up.

Leon lifted his head, only to groan slightly when his neck protested. You could almost hear the stiffness and cringed in sympathy. He then noticed you looking up at him and a warm smile spread across his face. "Good morning."

OH MY GOD HIS MORNING VOICE IS SEXY- "Good morning." You timidly said back, blushing brightly and trying to hide your inner panic attack when your heart did a summersault in your chest.

You quickly sat up to hide your cheeks, bringing the blanket up to cover the bottom half of your face while you heard Leon yawn behind you.

"Morning, Lee!" An energetic voice suddenly said and you turned to see Hop bounce out of the plant room while you were still hiding your face in the blanket. Gloria was quick to follow and she gave you both a little wave.

"Mornin' everyone!"

"Good morning, Gloria, Hop." Leon smiled and got up off the couch, stretching. Hop stood next to him as he did so and, without warning, he grabbed Hop in a headlock and rubbed his knuckles over his little brother's head. "How was your first 'sleeping on a couch' experience, eh?" He asked with an evil hint in his voice while Hop struggled to get out of his grip.

"You're going to choke him if you continue like that." Sonia came out of the plant-room last, chuckling, and your eyebrows shot up.

"What were you doing in there Sonia?" You asked as you finally felt confident enough in not looking flustered to drop the blanket from your face - while Leon released Hop.

Sonia coughed a little awkwardly and fiddled with the end of her sleeves while smiling at you. "Just chatting with Hop and Gloria. They were up earlier than you two." She lied, motioning to you and Leon before quickly scurrying off, going to the kitchen where her grandmother stood.

"So, did you two sleep well?" Gloria suddenly asked, a smug look on her face as she glanced between you and Leon.

Your eyes crossed with those of the man next to you but you quickly looked away with a blush while Leon cleared his throat and looked away as well, getting just the effect that Gloria desired.