17 - Thank You

Word Count: 2649

The challengers had walked off the pitch and the gym leaders quickly did the same while Chairman Rose walked back to the middle of the stadium.

"We are sure to have a promising and spectacular adventure ahead! I wish the best of luck to the Gym Challengers! Try your best and work your way to the top to challenge the Champion!"

The audience cheered in support, looking forward to all the battles to come.

"Speaking of which." Rose continued. "Don't leave just yet ladies and gentlemen, for our very own Unbeatable Champion Leon is going to make an announcement!"

Behind you, Leon stood up and sent you a charismatic and confident smile before running out of the audience stand, leaving you behind, dumbfounded. A few seconds later, Raihan entered through the door Leon had disappeared through. He smirked at you and took place in the seat Leon had been sitting in before, minding his legs (although that was quite difficult, being the tall boi that he is.).

Raihan must have noticed the confused expression on your face, since he leaned forward to talk to you, trying to be heard over the loud murmur and noise of the crowd.

"Remember that idea I had?" He asked and you nodded. "Leon's executing it right now."

Your eyebrows knitted together in confusion, making Raihan grin; he was clearly enjoying this. The crowd suddenly erupted into cheers and you turned forward again, looking down towards the field to see a tiny Leon walk onto it, towards the middle.

The camera's portrayed his face on the screen and you suddenly realised he wasn't wearing his cap. Your hand ghosted up to your head to touch the brim only to hiss in pain when Rookidee pecked at your hand, defending his little perch. Raihan snickered from behind you and you punched his foot that was right next to you, effectively shutting him up.

Once stationed, Leon did his classic pose and the entire stadium exploded from the sheer amount of noise the crowd made. You were pretty sure you were partially deaf now. "People of Galar!" Leon started, immediately catching everyone's attention. "I have been your undefeated Champion for thirteen years and what an incredible time it has been!"

"Oh dear, he makes it sound like he is quitting, he isn't quitting right?" You turned back to Raihan, talking through your teeth. Raihan chuckled a little awkwardly and scratched his neck.

"I'd hope not. But he does make it sound like it, yeah." Raihan shook his head. "You look good in his hat by the way. Say cheese." He suddenly held his phone in front of your face, posing as he sat behind you while your cheeks burned due to the comment. You managed to smile nonetheless and the phone snapped a few pictures, resulting in one where both you and Raihan held up your hands in a peace sign, grinning, while Rookidee smiled happily as well - still sitting on Leon's cap on your head.

"Right now, I have a request to make though, to the entirety of Galar!" Leon's voice reached you again and you leant back forward, moving away from Raihan. "A friend of mine has lost her Pokémon. They have been with her for over ten years but have been stolen a few days ago. We are searching but we cannot do it alone. Please, Galar. I, your Champion, ask for your help!" Leon spun around, addressing the entire audience and camera's floating around him. "We need your help to find out where they are. If you see any of them, do not try to approach them. They are most likely scared and could lash out. Please contact me or Gym Leader Raihan on social media and we will get to the location with their trainer. I'll disclose the specific Pokémon later on. Thank you in advance, Galar, and let's make sure we all have a Champion time!"

Your mouth was agape as you watched Leon walk off the field. Not only had he been helping you ever since you came to Galar, now he was doing this? You never expected him to go this far. You thought he'd help you until he got bored or his job pulled him away and you'd be on your own, but... now you weren't so sure of that.