18 - Shopping for the search

Word Count: 1097

Once the taxi was gone, you put your hand down and just stood there for a bit. This was the first time you were actually alone since you arrived here in Galar. It felt... weird

You let out a deep sigh before determinedly nodding to yourself and turning on your heel, going towards the Pokémon centre to buy some Poké Dolls.

After stocking up on the figures, you started making your way towards the Wild Area. Going down the lift of Motostoke however, you glanced towards the shops that stood on the side. You weren't lying when you said it might be time for an outfit change.

And so, you made a pit-stop in the boutique.

- - - -

After quite some deliberation, you came out of the changing room wearing skinny jeans, a white ruffled shirt that was tucked into said jeans, and a comfortable light grey jacket.

You kept your scarf on as you always did but your hat, which you hadn't worn since Charizard had accidentally snatched it yesterday, stayed in the bag.

Who knew when you were going to change again, but for now this would do.

As you stepped out of the changing room, something was suddenly flung into your face. You abruptly stopped in your tracks, flabbergasted while the item fell from your face and, with a quick reaction, into your hands.

Confusedly looking down, you saw a single half-glove - like the ones pretty much all the trainers wore in Galar. It was black with red, with the customary white half circle on top.

You then looked up to see who threw it, only to see Raihan standing there.

"Raihan!? Aren't you supposed to be at your Gym?"

Raihan chuckled and walked forward. "Technically yes but I didn't feel like heading there yet. Then I saw you head inside here and I decided to see what you were up to."

You raised an eyebrow in suspicion but just shrugged it off.

"Also, I've got two things that would add to your outfit."

Aaand there it is.

"How come I knew you were going to try and butt in." You sighed but Raihan ignored you.

"One is that glove I threw at you. Since you have Rookidee, you are a trainer and those gloves are really handy."

You held up the item in front of your face before eyeing Raihan. "Yeah, that was a weak throw by the way."

Raihan made an offended noise, placing a hand on his heart. "Well, I would have thrown this but that would have ended very differently." He said while holding up an item.

You looked to what he was talking about to see a brown belt dangling from his hand. The buckle was decorated with a flying Charizard and your nose scrunched up. Despite your initial scepticism though, it wasn't very flashy or pompous. In fact, you'd only really notice the Charizard if you looked closer to it. Maybe Raihan knew what he was doing after all.

"I appreciate you not chucking a metal object at my face." You replied dryly and Raihan laughed.

"Go on, take it! Leon will love it!"

"W-Why would that be important?" You asked, turning a little flustered. "Ah, and I already paid for my outfit and really don't want to spend more money." You declined.

"It's on me." Raihan smirked and before you could protest, he walked over to the cash register. "Go on, put the glove on there as well." He told you and you just followed his orders.

After everything was paid for, you put on the glove and belt. You had to give it to Raihan, the belt really was a nice addition to your outfit. And the red on the glove matched the red of your scarf so that is always fun.

"Y/N! Pose!" Raihan suddenly called out and you looked to see him standing ready with the camera.

"Raihan-" you started but he didn't even give you the courtesy of listening.

"You should do Leon's Charizard pose!" He snickered and you scoffed.

"You will never ever see me do that ridiculous pose. I'd rather be dead." You deadpanned.

"Aw." Raihan pouted but you could tell he was just joking around. "Alright well then, let's just take a nice selfie, eh?" He walked towards you and slung an arm around your shoulder, letting his Rotom float around and take a picture.

- - - -

"Thanks for the belt and the glove." You smiled at Raihan as you both stood at the bottom of the Motostoke stairs, the Wild Area spread out before you two.

"No problem! I think you earned some payment for that fantastical entrance with Charizard yesterday."

You playfully hit his arm and chuckled. "Safe travels." You smiled.

"Oh come on, I'm the strongest Gym Leader, of course I'll be safe." Raihan boasted. "You too though. Be careful."

"Always." You smiled a sweet smile and ran off into the Wild Area. Turning back to wave once before focusing on running again.

- - - -

After about ten minutes of walking deeper into the Wild Area, you took out Rookidee's Pokéball from your bag and released the bird.

He let out a happy chirp upon being let out and you placed him onto your shoulder where he happily sat down; looking around for any dangers and glaring at them once he saw them.

Basically, that meant Rookidee spent 90% of his time glaring at: falling leaves, rocks you might trip over, clumps of dirt and unsuspecting Pokémon who were just minding their business.

"Rookidee, shield your ears for a second, would you?" You suddenly asked the small bird after a while of silence and he reprehensibly held up his wings over his head.

Once you saw he was in position, you took a deep breath and brought your fingers to your mouth. With a noise the sound of Giratina's roar, you whistled. It echoed through the field around you and you held your breath, waiting and hoping for any form of familiar reaction.

What you got however, was something completely different.

A noise behind you caught your attention and you turned around to see all the Pokémon in your immediate vicinity looking at you. Your eyes widened at a fast approaching Onix, slithering towards you. All The Pokémon around it moved in sync as they all started running towards you, whipping dust up behind them as the whole mass of them closed in.

You let out a small yelp and started booking it in the opposite direction of the Onix. Running for your life from the horde of Pokémon.

- - - -

Not too long of a Chapter, sorry but I wanted to get something out. I'm trying very hard to write and more will come soon! Life is just kinda grey right now for me but it'll be fine! :3