21 - Reunion

Word Count: 2203

Quickly, you left Motostoke's premises. Over the past few days you've maintained contact with Leon, chatting every now and then when you both had time. This morning however, Leon sent you a message that made your heart speed up. Apparently, several of the people travelling to Turffield for the Gym Challenge had reported hearing some strange cries - unusual compared to the Pokémon that usually live on that route - and sent it to Leon on the post he made about it.

You had immediately packed your bag and ordered a Flying Taxi. You arrived in Motostoke about 20 minutes ago and were now heading towards Route 3 on the left of the city.

As you walked out the gates, you were greeted by a lush route filled with grass patches, trees and other greenery. With quick and decisive steps you started down the Route, looking around with every step, whistling.

Rookidee sat on your shoulder, keeping a lookout for any Pokémon that might want to attack or follow you, and warning you if they did. Over the past days, the little bird had grown in strength significantly. So, when you were attacked by a wild Pokémon, he was able to win the battle without many problems.

You had just passed a bend in the road that had a factory looking building in the distance when someone shouting grabbed your attention.

"Hey! Y/N!"

The shout seemed far away so you looked around a bit confused, seeing no one until Rookidee slapped you with his wing.

"Ow, what-" You stopped yourself as you saw where the Pokémon was looking. You followed his gaze up to see Charizard come diving down towards you. A familiar Champion on top.

"Leon!" You shouted back with a wave, smiling as you took a step back to give Charizard plenty of space to land.

The dragon Pokémon did just that and Leon gracefully jumped off before walking towards you and engulfing you in a hug.

You couldn't help but chuckle at his action as you wrapped your arms back around him. "You saw me a few days ago." You smiled against his shoulder.

Leon scoffed playfully and you could feel him hug you just a little tighter. "Maybe, but I can still be happy to see you again, right? It's been five days."

The two of you broke from the hug and Leon held you at an arms length as the two of you looked at each other. Small smiles on both your faces.

After a few seconds, you shook your head to shake yourself out of your stupor. Rookidee had fluttered over to Charizard and was now in a deep conversation, tweeting and chattering like crazy while the older Pokémon listened patiently, growling every so often if necessary. You laughed at the scene and Leon followed your gaze only to lift an eyebrow with a smile.

"They sure get along well."

"That they do." You giggled before turning back to the man next to you. "But, what are you doing here? I thought you sent me the message so that you could continue with work instead of coming here with me?"

"I sent the message so that I could be able to find you. I had no idea where you were at and this way, I could hit two birds with one stone. Ah, no offence." He directed the last bit to Rookidee who glared at him when he said that.

You laughed slightly at your Pokémon. "So, what about work? You said you had quite a lot to do a few days ago?" You asked and Leon's face lit up.

"That was because I decided to do all the work I could for the duration of the Gym Challenge. Apart from maybe a few appointments with Chairman Rose, I am all yours." He turned to look at you fully as he said that, a giant grin sporting on his face.