16 - Opening Ceremony

Word Count: 1994

You had absolutely no idea what was going on. One moment you were running, the next, you were trapped in the arms of a giant dragon who was running away.

Luckily for you, only the right part of your face was squished against Charizard, so you had at least some vision. That's how you knew Charizard had entered the stadium, although sightseeing wasn't really an option for you right now.

The Pokémon stomped through the building, clearly having a destination in mind while you just got sloshed about like a rag doll.

Some people looked up in surprise at the sudden appearance while others muttered about 'Champion Leon's Charizard?' as he raced past.

Charizard turned right, giving you a nice view of the door where Leon just burst in, only to have him disappear again as you went through the side door.

Charizard continued for a little bit longer before he burst through another door. Like trainer, like Pokémon apparently.

The talking in the room died down as everyone inside turned to the newcomer.

"I thought you'd never make it!" A male voice suddenly called out. "Wait, Leon?" You tried your best to look at whoever were in the room but all you could see was lockers and a bench.

"Charizard!" Leon finally came running into the room to see you still squished against the dragon while almost all the gymleaders looked on in confusion. "Alright, you let her go now!" Leon scolded his partner, rapping his knuckles on Charizard's head. Charizard pouted but complied and finally let you go.

You stumbled a bit but Leon steadied you and you breathed a sigh of relief before turning and seeing seven people look at you.

Right in front of you stood, just a giant of a man. He wore a hoodie and hat and a Rotom phone was in his hand as he looked at you with a grin.

"Man, you're tall." You accidentally blurted out, immediately blushing in embarrassment for saying that. He seemed to enjoy it though as he laughed loudly, while some of the others inside joined in.

"I was wondering how we'd get introduced but Leon, mate, I must say you've outdone yourself." He turned to Leon who scoffed but the dots connected for you.

"Well, it is nice to meet you, Raihan." You smiled and stuck out your hand for him.

He grinned, flashing a sharp tooth as he took your hand and shook it.

"So, are you two boys going to introduce us or are we supposed to be left in the dark?" Next to him stood a woman with black and blue hair, sporting a bikini. She had her hands on her hips as she said that and you smiled.

"Hi! I'm Y/N." You said and moved from Raihan over to her, shaking her hand as well. "It's really nice to meet you."

"Oh, it's just 'nice' to meet me, but it is 'really nice' to meet Nessa?"

Raihan received a slap from Leon for that and both you and Nessa grinned at that. You could already tell you'd be good friends.

"Y/N, let me introduce you to all the gymleaders of Galar. No wait, where's Piers?" Leon put his hands on your shoulders, only to stop when he didn't spot the familiar black and white hair.

"He couldn't make it today." A woman dressed in white stepped up.

Leon hummed before turning back to the matter at hand.

"Anyways. These here are Milo, Kabu, Nessa and Raihan - as you know - Melony, Opal, and that is Allister over there." Leon pointed everyone out, introducing you to them. "How long 'till you all have to go on?" He then asked no one in particular.