"I missed you."

•••

The thing about Ivy was she always had a weird feeling deep down, something she wasn't to sure about. Like the times she would make clothes for runways models, staring at them a little to long. Or the times she was forced into getting to know her clients, which were usually models, of all sizes of course, and she's enjoy their company more then just the average friendship or professional relationship. But Ivy never wanted to feel that way, she always pushed it away. She tried with guys, having a few boyfriends every now and then and enjoying the company... but there was never that spark.

It wasn't that she was homophobic, she was the complete opposite actually. She always accepted anyone weather that was Klaus or her friends or her clients, she was always on broad with it. But you see... it was different when it came to herself. A voice inside her mind, usually her fathers, made her feel like it was wrong to ever look at another girl the way she did, made her feel like she was worthy enough.

When Klaus told Ivy about Dave she was more shocked then people realized, she felt proud that he could over come their fathers endless talk about how woman should marry men so they could cook and clean. Clearly, that's not the route Ivy or anyone else took, but the endless 'men should marry women' phrase in her head took a toll on her more then it did Klaus which she was proud it didn't effect him actually.

Despite it being years since Ivy was a teen and had Reggie telling her those words, Ivy still believed it for some reason. Her hatred for her dad, for everything he had done to her, for some reason still left Ivy wanting to please him, to get his approval. And loving girls would surly never get him to love her the way she knew a father should. And then she was in nineteen fifty-nine, welcomed by a whole community.

Ronnie was open with Ivy about her sexuality when they first met, letting her know she loved girls and girl and girls only. Ivy being herself was fine with that, the jealously and envy she had for how Ronnie was so confident in her preference always getting to Ivy but she would never say it out loud. Some would say the duo got closer then ever, like two peas in a pod, doing absolutely everything together.

Between the long nights they would stay up talking about their childhoods, shared trauma, helping each other apply makeup, and Ronnie becoming a good help to Ivy when it came to designing, it was safe to say Ivy felt the weird bubbly feeling in her stomach when she looked at the pink haired girl. She told herself she didn't, told herself Ronnie was only a good friend, convinced herself she was to marry a man like her father told her she would. But when Ivy thought about love and a future she thought about girls....she thought about Ronnie.

"Though I hate the country, this is so nice." Ronnie said as her and Ivy spun in a field of flowers, the petals touching their legs as the dizzy feeling took over them.

"It smells so nice here." Ivy went on, falling onto the ground out of pure dizziness. Ronnie laughed at her as she fell onto the ground next to her, looking over with a giggle.

"Hi." Ronnie giggled as she looked at Ivy.

"Hi back." Ivy said as she laughed as well, the sun blinding her as she squinted her eyes.

"Excuse me?" a male voice was heard as the two sat up quickly with a gasp. A police officer examined the truck they rode in on, staring out at the two.

"Can we help you?" Ivy asked worried, standing behind Ronnie some as she looked at the officer.

"Seems to me these match the plates of a stollen vehicle." he said while slapping the bumper of the car.

"You didn't switch the plates?" Ronnie said through her teeth back at Ivy.

"I didn't mean to." Ivy said defensively as the officer walked closer.