IV

Malleus was speechless, how could a mother just give their child away? Why not go with the child? Malleus had nothing to say, no words of comfort because he couldn't understand not could he relate to the situation at hand.
"Don't worry yourself on that matter Prince- I mean Malleus. It's in the past, she had her reason and choose to act upon them."

"Still, no one should be put through such an ordeal. That must have been hard on you..."
M/n shrugs his shoulders and drops that mother figures are his greatest struggle to deal with and asked that he be forgiven for not warning up to the queen herself immediately.
Malleus chuckles lightly at his mate and gave him comfort that he could, suddenly the corner of what seemed to be a picture in M/n's pocket caught his attention. He didn't consider how M/n would feel when pulling the picture from his pocket.

"Who is this?"M/n jumped when Malleus asked about who was in the picture, his mind started to race, mouth goes dry, and his immediate reaction was to take it back from Malleus but Malleus moves it from the others reach

"I don't want to talk about it, so, please... Please give it back."

"Not until you tell me first."

"Malleus... It's really hard to talk about, so now isn't a good time-"

"We have enough time."Malleus replies stubbornly, he wanted an answer at that right moment. He didn't care about how it made M/n feel, but he should have.
"Kilo Fredrickson."

"Who is he?"

"My dead half brother."The air between the two grew extremely thick, Malleus was at a loss for words and M/n at that point wanted the day to be over with now. Once the limousine stops, M/n was the first to jump out and Grim followed immediately.
"Your majesty, what's wrong with him?"

"My actions caused this. I was rude...Lilia, could you find a picture of Kilo Fredrickson. I must make up for this now. No better yet I'll do it. It'll be more meaningful if I did."Without another word, Malleus quickly walks after M/n, and once again he takes the picture.
"What are you-"

"Let me fix this as an apology. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings or to reopen old wounds, I...I'm just not used to others just yet. Normally I get what I want out of people regardless of their feeling. But you're different, you're my mate and I shouldn't have done that, so let me fix this."

"Fine."M/n felt a ping of guilt rise in his chest and it wasn't his own, the feeling came from Malleus himself.
"Malleus?"

"Yes?"

"To avoid such a situation like this... Please talk to me first before you decide to make a move. I wish for our relationship to start well...So let's start over. I'm M/n Weiss Von Schoenheit, illegitimate second son of Duke Schoenheit and now your mate. It's nice to meet you prince Malleus."M/n bowed formally after reintroducing himself to his mate.
"I'll make sure to keep you happy, And you're no longer a Schoenheit. You're now M/n Weiss Von Draconia, mate of the crown prince. No one will ever question you with me at your side."