VII

Malleus took M/n's plan to his trusted friends but the trio was of course wary of it; none more than Lilia. They rather Malleus do what he wants if anything.
"What if the plan backfires?"

"I'm with Silver. You haven't known him for long. What if he's working with his father-"

-Smack-

Lilia's head flew over to the side from receiving a harsh slap to the face from Malleus. This didn't surprise Sebek and Sliver one bit, they tried to warn Lilia to watch his mouth and choose his words carefully but they knew he wouldn't listen.
"You have no idea what that man has done to his own flesh and blood! That man clipped his own child's wings before he could even attempt to fly. My mother wishes to have his wings go through treatment, but it's unclear if the treatment will work..."Malleus felt nothing but sorrow at this, he wanted but to fly with his mate.

Malleus dismissed the trio from his room and dropped onto his couch. Now if you're wondering how he found out, Malleus decided to pick into M/n's memories as he slept, of course, if didn't cause harm to M/n but it did hurt Malleus, in an emotional way. He felt the pain, the fear, and the sorrow. A memory that doesn't belong to him managed to scar him.
"That piece of shit will die by my hands one way or another..."Malleus leaves his room to report to his mother on his finding but instead bumps into M/n; who looked to be dashing away from something, and that something was a rather large Raven.
"Crowley?"

"UWAAH!!! WHY IS THAT BIRD SO BIG?!"M/n panicked voice made Crowley even more worried, Malleus found this display to be  hilarious because Crowley was only trying to be friendly with M/n but the half-fairy didn't understand that. What M/n saw was a giant Raven that look a tad bit on the menacing side and tried to avoid the Raven but was seen walking the other way.
"M/n this is my mother's partner in crime, Crowley. Sorry for not introducing you two sooner."

"Bu-But that doesn't explain why he's so huge!"

"Oh, Crowley is a royal Raven. When a Raven chooses its partner, they tend to grow ten times larger than normal, aka they bond with the mana of their master."

"So he basically grew with your mother?"Malleus nods with his usual kind smile that was only for people he cared for. He then had Crowley lie down, so M/n could pet his soft feathers and when he did, M/n smiled widely.
"Whoa, I never knew there was something else just as soft as Grim!"

"Well, now you have two soft friends to pet for now on. Ah, sorry I can't stick around for too long. Crowley, take M/n to the pillow room and you two relax. I'll be there in a while-"

"Malleus, you seem a bit paler than usual."

"I'm fine, I'll return later. Excuse me."Malleus kissed M/n on the cheek and walk off towards his mother's chambers to speak with her.
"Mother-"

"Yes, I know. Malleus, you should never use that method, how has your mental state been?"

"Out of place, Sliver touched my shoulder earlier after we flew around and I had a flashback and slapped his hand away from me. Though fear didn't show on my face, yet my hands shook...Why do we have to wait till eighteen to find our mate? I wish we could have found him sooner! Then he would be happy...HE WOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO SUFFER ALL THE THINGS HE WENT THROUGH!"

"If only Malleus...But there's still so much time to help him learn how to love."