XX

Lilia stops himself right in front of M/n and with little to no space between them M/n looked into the eyes of the saddened dragon that hovered over his smaller frame.
"Lilia... Please this isn't the way to do anything. Malleus cares for you."

"Not the way I do for him. What aren't you understanding? I've devoted everything to him and here you come, out of thin air. You don't know what it feels like to watch someone you love be taken from you!"

"....I guess you're right...But you're not. I know what it feels like. When I thought my brother died, it felt like the world ripped me away from the only person who loved me."Lilia was taken aback by this for a second, he had forgotten that the male in front of him went through that but he shook it out of his head.
"Pft, oh hush. He's alive isn't he?"

"I know you're not heartless toward others, Lilia. You may be older but your heart is still young."M/n said touching Lilia's shoulder but he slaps the hand away angrily and glares at the angel below him. Lilia couldn't stand M/n at all but there was another reason beyond it all. M/n was no longer shocked or even scared of Lilia at this moment he came to immediately accept the male in front of him.
"Lilia. You hate me, right?"

"Yeah, what of it?"

"What's the reason? There has to be one right? Why not tell me, what it is?"This time Lilia stepped back as M/n stepped forward. Lilia found himself stuck and now embarrassed about the reason.
"Tsk, whatever! I'm leaving!"

"Is it because I'm pretty?"The taller male tripped over his own two feet from the sudden reply to the question he didn't wish to answer.
"Is that it?"

"Of course not!"

"Then~ what else?"M/n was becoming more innocent in Lilia's eyes as he watched the male tilt his head with a small smile and curiosity filled eyes stare into his own. Something about the gentle demeanor being shown to him broke through.
"You're 'Heather'!! Ugh, everyone fucking likes you! You're beautiful, have a great personality, you're not perfect but you are at the same time! Your flaws just make you even more likable. All I hear is people talking about you...I don't even know why I went this far? I was okay at first...Even though I dreamed of being with Malleus*sniff* I knew it wasn't going to happen-"Before Lilia couldn't ramble on through his tears, M/n took the earring from Lilia then pulled the older male into a hug.
"What are you doing?!"

"Comforting a crying friend."

"What? But-"

"I don't care how harshly you've treated me. I've been through worse, your dislike for me just made me want to be friends with you even more. I've never had many besides Grim." From afar Malleus watched and listened to everything. For many years he played dumb to Lilia's biological age. He couldn't help but smile as the overly stubborn male finally gave up to
M/n's kindness.
"Now, here Something we both can do. Do you want to know?"

"Su-Sure."

"We can both love Malleus but of course it'll be in two different ways. We both know that he cares about you too, can we settle for this?"M/n lets his wings out and used the left one to pay Lilia's head when he agreed to the deal. The older dragon blushed at this simple action.
"Oi! Cut it out, I'm older than you."

"Oh! How are you going to explain...This to Malleus."Lilia immediately froze, he forgot about the situation at hand and went to reach for the earring but M/n pulls it back.
"Hey!"

"Nope!"M/n yelled playfully then ran off causing Lilia to stagger forward then chases after M/n, Malleus watched in awe as the two laughed. It made him feel warm and sorta left out. Soon as the dragon steps out the two lost their footing and fall.
"Malleus?!"

"You don't have to explain anything to me, I'm just happy you two are finally friends. So...is there room for one more after we eat?"

"We'll always make room for you Malleus."The three settled on the stairs just as the fireworks started.
I guess this isn't so bad...Guess I was just trying to hold onto what made me the happiest in the world without realizing I was damaging his happiness...
"You two... Make a beautiful couple. I can't wait to see the little monsters in the future."