XVIII

A month after the downfall of the Schoenheit, M/n took to drawing what he could during his free time due to life calming down more than expected. He still tries to speak with Lilia but to no avail. Currently, the fairy angel was wandering around the castle until he made his way back to Malleus's room, however, his mate was not in the room. So he heads to the only other place Malleus would be; the greenhouse, at first M/n didn't think to knock on the glass doors and was greeted with a very tasteful sight of Malleus drinking wine.

 So he heads to the only other place Malleus would be; the greenhouse, at first M/n didn't think to knock on the glass doors and was greeted with a very tasteful sight of Malleus drinking wine

"Oh? Looks like my little angel has wandered in, you're dismissed, Lilia. M/n, come here~"Malleus said in a near purring tone of voice. Lilia huffs while placing the bottle of wine on the table and making a quick exit from the vast greenhouse.
"At this point, you're just being a tease, Mal."

"Me? Of course, not my love but my lap is rather cold~"

"Is that your way of inviting me to take a seat?"M/n said with a chuckle as he trots over to the dragon with a slight tilt of his head with a small smile playing on his lips. A smile that Malleus felt that he couldn't live without.
"Who else would I invite?"

"Good point~ So how are you?"M/n said sweetly as he lowers himself onto Malleus's lap, Malleus wraps his arm around M/n's waist then takes a sip of his wine.
"I've been doing fine love. I finally got a break in from all the work that piled up so suddenly. So many reports but I am planning phase two."

"Oh? So how are we going to deal with my mother?"

"Random pop up, you know just drop in and gain the attention of all in your old home."

"Sounds simple enough. But let's not think of that now! We have a while before we jump on another 'ruin their life' wagon. Let's just relax in each other's company! I was speaking with Maleficent earlier and she suggested that we go on a simple date since the festival is going on!"Malleus was a bit surprised by the suggestion, he had been so wrapped up in planning the demise of others that he forgot to even go on a date with his beloved angel.
"You're right. Sorry for not taking you out on a date sooner."

"Don't apologize when you're not at fault. So! Let's go tonight and let loose for a couple of hours! I've never been to the capital festival, this will be a first for me, so take care of me!"

"Of course."M/n's smile brightens as he jumps up from Malleus's lap and runs off yelling that he'll tell Maleficent of their plans.
"Where does he pull this energy from?"

"From thin air most of the time."

"Hello Grim, what brings you here?"Grim explains his reasoning while dropping a file onto the coffee table in front of Malleus.
"This is it?"

"Yes sir, this all you need and a bit more for the trip and a few calculated moves while you're in Cuxhaven."

"Thank you Grim, you are a great friend to M/n. However, I won't be looking at this now. I have a lovely date to attend."Grim smiled and thanked Malleus for treating his master with such care and love. Grim held back his tears because he has never seen M/n so happy in his life and it meant so much to him.
"No, I should be thanking you. You've done such a fantastic job of taking care of M/n. If it wasn't for you protecting M/n, I wouldn't have a mate."

"I guess we can both thank each other and continue to keep M/n in high spirits!"

"Agreed."