【01】

Yeonjun met Soobin in college. He was a year older than the other, but both were business majors with a minor in music, a rare combination. Thus, they shared a few electives, so they got to know each other as friends.

Three years ago, when Yeonjun was a senior about to graduate and Soobin was a junior, the younger had gotten on his knees, in the middle of campus, and declared his undying love and devotion to his sunbae.

There had always been some unspoken attraction between the two, but neither made a move for a while, opting to just flirt and throw jealous glances at whoever they were dating at the time.

Soobin, especially, was a bit of a playboy and a campus heartthrob for both men and women, and always had someone on his arm. None lasted very long, but it was to be expected from someone like Choi Soobin. So, it had been a surprise when he promised to be committed to Yeonjun.

They moved in together when the younger graduated and it had been a blissful three years... until 5 months ago.

Yeonjun figured that he would just give Soobin some space. After all, everyone needed it, right?

+×+

"Are you and Soobin having problems, hyung?"

Yeonjun's eyes widened at Taehyun's question. They were having coffee at Yeonjun's favorite cafe after a long work day before heading home.

"W-Why would you think that?" he asked, avoiding his friend's eyes.

"Well... for one... you look miserable."

Of course, Taehyun may look absent-minded most of the time, but he was also quite observant.

Yeonjun sighed. "I don't even know, to be quite honest. We've barely talked in months."

And so Yeonjun revealed what had been happening in the last five months. How Soobin would always come home late from drinking with his friends. How he would barely speak a few sentences to Yeonjun.

Their date nights, which used to be a twice-a-week event had become zero because Soobin would make excuses that he was too tired to go out, that he had plans with his work friends, or he simply just didn't want to go. 

And how he would fall asleep on the couch waiting for Soobin to come home from his nightly rendezvous and wake up in their bed, still without Soobin next to him.

"I feel like I did something, but I don't know what," he finished off, miserably.

Taehyun pursed his lips in contemplation. Both friends were silent for a while, sipping their coffees and picking at the chocolate croissants they bought.

"Do you think he's cheating?" the younger suddenly spoke up.

A lump formed in Yeonjun's throat but he swallowed it away. "No, he wouldn't. Soobin wouldn't do that to me."

"I mean... he was a playboy back in college," Taehyun reasoned but Yeonjun shook his head.

"I know he was, but he wouldn't cheat... right?"

He was suddenly unsure. The more he thought about it, the more it seemed plausible. But, at the same time, this was Soobin. He loved Yeonjun... right?

Taehyun shook his head. "I don't know, hyung. But, do you want me to talk to him? Find out what's going on?"

"No," the older immediately answered. "No, don't do that. It might just make things more complicated. I'll... I'll try to talk to him, myself. But, for now, I'll give him space."

"It sounds like you've been giving him space for months," Taehyun muttered.

Yeonjun pretended not to hear and continued enjoying his coffee.

+×+

Likey it?

Have a great day/sweet night cheesecakes ❤ I lub you all!