【11】

"I'm home."

Soobin looked up from the T.V. to see his boyfriend enter the apartment. He glanced at his phone to look at the time: 8 pm on the dot.

Yeonjun padded over to him, pecked his cheek, and was about to head to the bedroom when Soobin's hand shot out and grabbed his arm.

The elder's eyes widened in surprise for a second before it mellowed down to nonchalance.

"Yes?" he asked, tonelessly.

"We need to talk."

"About what?"

"About us."

"What about us?"

Yeonjun's continued avoidance of their needed talk was really starting to annoy him. He just wanted to talk and fix their relationship, damnit! Was that too much to ask?!

He was supposed to apologize to Yeonjun. He was supposed to reassure him that he loved him. He was supposed to tell him that he wanted to fix this.

Instead, what he said was, "I don't like you hanging out with Chan."

Yeonjun blinked. "What? Why?"

"He's bad news."

"How do you know?"

"I... He just is!"

"Soobin, that's silly. Chan is a great guy. Now, let me go so I can shower."

Yeonjun tried to move away, but Soobin held him back.

His mind was telling him to stop talking, but his mouth wouldn't listen.

"Is there something going on between you two?" he blurted out.

Instantly, he regretted it. Yeonjun stared back at him, looking absolutely scandalized. "Are you freaking serious, Soobin?!"

The older yanked his arm from Soobin's grasp and stepped away from him. "You can't be seriously thinking..." he continued but paused.

He squinted his eyes at the younger, and Soobin had to avert his gaze and look at something else. Anything else, but Yeonjun.

"Do you think so little of me, Choi Soobin?"

The younger looked up and was met by the elder's tear-filled eyes, full of nothing but hurt and betrayal. Instinctively, his feet brought him forward so he could comfort him, but Yeonjun moved backwards.

"I know that I haven't been the best boyfriend lately, ignoring you and giving you the silent treatment, but must you think so little of me?!" he yelled at Soobin.

The younger wanted to apologize for his words. To start to patch things up. But his stupid mouth wouldn't shut up.

"Can you blame me? You've been ignoring me in revenge for what I did and then I find out you've been seeing and having lunch with Chan?! Of all people?!"

"Chan listens to me! He's a good friend! Unlike you!"

"I'm not your friend, I'm your boyfriend, Yeonjun!"

"You've been neither!"

That felt like a slap, and it was much more painful than any physical sting.

"Months, I waited for you to just be sincere and apologize! I'll admit, I was petty for doing the same thing you did to me, but can you also blame me?! You left me in the dark for months, Soobin! I had no idea what the hell was wrong with us and you wouldn't tell me!"

"And I tried to tell you, but you refuse to listen to me! What do you want, Yeonjun?! I did everything I could to show you how sorry I am! You didn't acknowledge any of it! I was an ass, I'll admit that, but I want to patch things up! But you refuse to let me, so what am I supposed to do?! What am I supposed to think?!"

With a loud wail, Yeonjun threw himself at Soobin and started hitting him with his fists, crying and screaming, "I hate you!" repeatedly. And Soobin took it all. He deserved them, after all.

As quickly as they began, the hits stopped as Yeonjun broke away from him and ran to the bedroom. He slammed the door shut and Soobin heard the click of the lock.

He was locked out.

+×+

The morning after, Soobin woke up feeling like complete and utter shit.

Not only was his entire body aching from sleeping on the uncomfortable couch, the early morning air was cold and there was no warm body he could press up to. His eyes were sore from all the tears he shed all night, his knuckles red from knocking and begging Yeonjun to come out of the bedroom.

Slowly, he sat up and immediately looked towards the bedroom door. Of course, it was still shut and probably locked. He checked the time: 6am. He had to get ready for work.

Going through the cupboards in the kitchen, he found the spare key to the bedroom. If Soobin had been a true asshole, he would have used the key last night to get into the bedroom and demanded Yeonjun to talk to him. But he was trying very hard not to be such an asshole.

But, this morning, he had no choice. He had to get ready for work.

Opening the bedroom door, he peeked in and the sight that greeted him broke his already cracked heart into pieces. Yeonjun was curled up under the covers, Soobin's pillow clutched tightly to his chest, dry tear tracks clear and evident on his cheeks.

Slowly and silently, Soobin approached and got into the bed, sitting right next to his boyfriend's slumbering body. Hesitantly, he reached out to touch the elder's disheveled hair. It was dry and coarse, but Soobin loved it all the same. He loved everything about Yeonjun. He loved Yeonjun.

Leaning down, he pressed a kiss to the elder's head. "I love you," he whispered. "I promise I'll make it up to you."

With that, he covered the older with the covers up to his chin before getting off the bed.

He grabbed a change of clothes and got ready for the day, preparing breakfast for Yeonjun before he left.

He swore he would make things right with the older when he got home that night.

---------

Thoughts?

comments?