【10】

After seeing his co-worker Yuri getting surprise visits from her boyfriend during lunch, he figured he ought to give it a try.

Yeonjun's workplace was only a 10-minute drive from his and he had a good hour and a half for lunch. So, on that one day, instead of the usual kimbap or instant ramyun from the vending machine, Soobin took a drive to Yeonjun's job, hoping to take him out to lunch.

He confidently strolled into the lobby, phone in hand and ready to call his boyfriend when his sharp eyes caught a glimpse of the said male.

Grinning, Soobin was about to call out to him when another male caught his gaze. The younger's eyes widened in shock as he recognized who it was: Chan.

What the hell was his co-worker doing here?! How did he even know where Yeonjun worked?! And why did it look like he and Yeonjun knew each other for more than just that one hour at the club many months ago?!

He must have been staring for quite some time as the two said males saw him and had walked over.

"Soobin? What are you doing here?" Yeonjun asked, confusion evident on his face.

For a second, there was a flash of brightness in those eyes, and the edge of his lips twitching. As quick as they appeared, they disappeared, but Soobin caught them. It sparked some hope inside him.

The younger cleared his throat. "I... wanted to take you out to lunch." His eyes narrowed at a smirking Chan. "Fancy seeing you here." He turned to Yeonjun. "You never told me you and Chan met up again."

"I didn't think you wanted to know," the older answered, matter-of-factly and that sort of sent a pang right into Soobin's pride. "We were just about to go to lunch. We can go together."

"Yeah, Soobin, join us!" added Chan, flashing the other a smug smile. "There's this Indian place that I showed Yeonnie and he really likes it. We're going there again!"

Soobin's eye twitched when Chan called his boyfriend "Yeonnie." And furthermore, what did he mean by again?!

"Again?" he voiced out.

"Yeah, Yeonjun and I have lunch every Thursday. That's why I'm not at the office for lunch on those days. He's really fun to hang out with!" Chan's smile was large and intimidating.

But, Soobin was not to be intimidated, so he responded with a glare.

"So, do you want to join us, Soobin?" Yeonjun asked, seemingly oblivious to the tension between the two.

"Yes," the younger answered immediately before taking his older boyfriend's hand and pulling him along.

That was how he found himself at an Indian restaurant, sitting next to Yeonjun with Chan across from them. The older was either oblivious to the staring contest between the two or he simply ignored them, too busy perusing his menu, even though he would probably get his usual favorite.

"Hey, you two, right on time for Thursday, as always!" greeted a pleasant-looking waiter as he filled their glasses with water.

Yeonjun looked up with a smile. "Hi Daeyeol-ssi," he greeted.

The waiter, Daeyeol, looked at Soobin. "You brought a friend," he commented.

"Oh, yes, this is Soobin, my boyfriend," answered Yeonjun.

The tall waiter's already large eyes widened even more in shock. "Boyfriend? Ahhh, I thought you and Chan-shii were boyfriends. Silly me. Um, anyway, what is it for today? The usual?"

Yeonjun looked over at Chan who nodded. "Yes, please," he answered before turning to Soobin. "What would you like, Soobin?"

The younger, who had frozen in his seat at the waiter's assumption, stared at his boyfriend's inquiring face.

"Soobin?"

He cleared his throat. "Um... I'll have the same as you."

Yeonjun nodded and turned to Daeyeol. "He'll have the Paneer curry too, less spicy like mine. He's allergic."

"Alrighty, I'll have them right out for you!" Daeyeol took their menus and pranced away.

Meanwhile, Chan looked over at them with an interested expression. "Ahhh... so that's why you avoid spice. For Soobin."

The elder coughed. "Um, yeah, it's a habit, I guess."

There was only an awkward silence as they waited for their order.

Meanwhile, Soobin couldn't help but observe the two and there was something digging at his mind but he tried to get rid of it, lest he got in trouble again, but it kept nagging him: suspicion.

As they ate, Chan talked about how he just happened to pass by Yeonjun's work building one Thursday during lunch time and saw the older come out. They made small talk, Chan invited him to lunch, and thus, it became a tradition.

Soobin called bullshit.

And he told his co-worker exactly that when they met up back at the office after dropping off Yeonjun at his work (Soobin did, not Chan; no way he was going to let the other guy do it).

Chan snickered. "Okay, fine, you caught me. I didn't just happen to pass by."

Soobin narrowed his eyes at him. "How did you know where he worked?" he demanded.

His co-worker shrugged, nonchalant. "Simple. I went on your Facebook, found him, and looked at his info. Easy-peasy." He flashed a smirk at Soobin that made the latter's blood boil. "I told you, if you don't start getting your act together and appreciate him, someone else will come along and try to steal him."

And with that, the other left him there, fuming and his insecurity rising to the top.

He should have known better than to let Chan's words affect him so much, but this was Choi Soobin.

----------

guys, i would may be finish uploading this story today :)

Stay tuned! Pls do vote and comment ❤