【14】

"But, maybe, before you take a big step like marriage, you should think about whether this is really what you want. I mean, think about it. You're going to be tied down to one person for the rest of your life! You can't go clubbing or hang out in bars for fun as much as you used to because you have someone waiting at home. Not, that you've done that much, lately, but yeah. And Yeonjun too, he won't be able to do things he finds fun as much when you're married because he would have responsibilities to you. Doesn't he like museums and libraries and all those boring places? And you hate those places, so it's not like he would ever bring you."

Well, he did one time. Yeonjun begged to go to a museum with an exhibit that he really wanted to see and so Soobin went with him. The older was thrilled but Soobin was bored the entire time and it showed. He remembered seeing Yeonjun's face fall as Soobin left him to sit on a bench instead of looking at the exhibit with him. That must be why Yeonjun had never again asked to go to a museum.

When Doohyung put it in a Yeonjun context, it was obviously a cause of concern for Soobin. Anything involving the older was his concern.

And that realization alone made him pause. Yeonjun filled his daily thoughts and he related everything to Yeonjun. And Soobin was the same for Yeonjun.

Soobin stopped going to bars and clubs for Yeonjun, even though he sometimes longed to join his colleagues after work. And Yeonjun would only visit a library to borrow and return books or just order books online. Soobin caught him staring longingly at an ad of an exhibit once.

Needless to say, everything they did together was simple but meaningful, something they both always agreed on... They were safe.

Suddenly, Soobin felt fearful. What if Doohyung was right and ten years, twenty years down the line, Yeonjun would start to resent him? What if their relationship got boring because neither would do one thing without the other? What if they start feeling suffocated by their own love?

Should he do that then? Give them both space? Yeonjun could do whatever he wanted and he could too. Like Doohyung said, if he was planning on being tied down to Yeonjun for the rest of his life, he could have a little fun beforehand... right?

"Anyway, what time do you have to be home?" Doohyung's voice broke through his thoughts.

Soobin blinked, taking a few seconds to comprehend what was said to him. "Oh... Um... I told Yeonjun I'd be back by 8 so we can watch a movie at home..."

He looked at his phone for the time: 7 pm.

"Damn, that early?" Doohyung pouted. "I'm rarely in Seoul, you know! Can't you stay 'til like 9?"

Soobin hesitated. "I don't know... I promised Yeonjun..."

Doohyung's nose wrinkled in disappointment and it made him feel bad. He looked down at his phone.

"I guess... he probably wouldn't mind if I stayed longer..."

Doohyung whooped in victory.

Soobin texted Yeonjun that he would be late in coming home, an hour the most.

He ended up staying too long at the bar, drinking more than he had in a long while and ended up passed out on the table.

The next morning, he woke up to Yeonjun patting at his face with a wet towel, teasingly chiding him for getting drunk and forcing Doohyung to drag him home.

His boyfriend was disappointed that they didn't get to watch the movie as they planned, and Soobin promised that they would do it that very night.