【07】

"Soobin!"

The said one blinked and shook his head, clearing his mind of the memories. He turned to the one who called him, his co-worker whose birthday they were celebrating that night. The co-worker who also caused his blood to boil that night.

"What the hell, man?!" Chan whined as he fell into the seat across from him. "You're such a killjoy! I was getting along so well with that cutie with the asshole boyfriend and you ruined it!"

Soobin stared back at him, his brows furrowed. "Asshole boyfriend?!"

Yeonjun called him an asshole?! How dare he?!

"I didn't even get his number!" Chan continued to whine, oblivious of the dark aura Soobin was emitting. "His asshole boyfriend sounds like he's going to dump him-."

"I am not dumping him!" Soobin exclaimed, irritated. "What the hell gave you that idea?!"

Chan blinked as he stared at him. "Wait... what?"

"I'm not dumping Yeonjun! Why the hell would I do that?!"

His co-worker's mouth was wide open in an "o" as he stared back at him, confused. "You're... Yeonjun-shii's boyfriend?"

Soobin scowled. "Yeah! So stop dreaming and find someone else worth your time."

"He's definitely worth my time," Chan mumbled.

"Yah!" The irritation grew and his grip on the glass of beer tightened.

"Dude, I thought you were single!"

It was Soobin's turn to look confused. "What gave you that idea? I always talk about my boyfriend!"

"Yeah..." Chan nodded, flashing him a skeptical look. "But you stopped a couple of months ago. You started hanging out with us after work. Before, you were all 'My boyfriend this...' and 'My boyfriend that...' And now it's 'Are you guys going out tonight?' or 'Where are we going drinking?' We thought you guys broke up and you're wallowing your sorrows in liquor! Why do you think Mia and Jiyu have been flirting with you a lot these days?"

Soobin blinked. "They were?"

"Dude, seriously?!"

Soobin shrugged and took a sip from his glass of beer. "I have a boyfriend. I didn't notice."

"Didn't look like it," Chan muttered.

Soobin's eye twitched. "Excuse me?!"

"What? Your boyfriend spent a good hour talking to me about how his asshole boyfriend barely talked to him in the last few months, won't even touch him, and always coming home late. It sounded like you're on your way to dumping him."

"Will you stop saying that?! I'm not dumping him!" Soobin slammed his glass against the table, pissed off now. "I can't believe he called me an asshole!"

"He didn't."

"What?"

Chan took a slow sip of his beer, prompting Soobin to glare at him. "He didn't call you an asshole," he explained matter-of-factly.

"I'm the one calling you an asshole because that's how I see it. In fact, he kept saying how he misses you and asking if he did something wrong or what he can do to make you pay attention to him again. No offense, but you're kind of an asshole boyfriend for ignoring your man."

"Hey, we've been together for 3 years, I paid him a lot of attention all that time!" Soobin defended. "I just want time for myself! Is that too much to ask?"