Chapter 1: School Sucks

Years ago, there was trouble in the town of Harper Lake, Louisiana. In 1990, an 18-year-old girl (named Raine) suffered a thirty year 'trauma' because of the trouble that had happened. Let me tell you the story...

"Raine! Come down your going to be late for school." Kara shouted.

Raine came running down the stairs faster than lions chasing after their pray. She had her jet-black hair down with a ponytail on top of her head tied with a neon pink coloured scrunchie. She was wearing a yellow and black checker shirt and bell bottom jeans and a pair of brown boots that you could barely see.

"Mom the time is 7:20, school doesn't start until 8:00." Raine replied.

Raine then left the living room and went into the kitchen for some breakfast. When she entered the kitchen, she noticed that there was a massive box on the dining table. She picked it up and took it off and saw a ripped piece of paper. On it was a word in big bold writing that read...

BEWARE

Raine assumed that it was just a prank so she took no notice of it but if she knew what was going to happen later that night, she would of. After she threw the paper away, she noticed the time was 7:43 so she quickly got a cereal bar, grabbed her bag, and went out the door house and got into her car.

On the way to school, she saw her best friend, Katelyn, sitting on the sidewalk of the street she lived on.

"Katelyn! Are you waiting to be picked up?" She asked politely.

"Yes." She replied quietly.

Raine then replied "ok then. See you at school."

As Raine left, she wasn't quite sure if Katelyn were ok or not, but she knew that if she were worried or upset, she would come to her. Right. Raine was wrong. Very, very wrong. But I'll get on to that later.

When she got to school, she saw Katelyn hanging around with the schools' quarterback, Danny Andrews. He was the guy every girl dreamed of, but the only thing Danny cared about was... FOOTBALL. No girl ever had a chance with him. So why was he with Katelyn?

"BOO!" Screamed Lucas from behind.

Lucas was her second-best friend. He had shaggy, blonde hair and dark brown eyes that you could just stare into all day. But Lucas wasn't like the other boys. He was different. He liked to wear scarfs around his neck and wear clothes that left a bold statement, he loved to make a good impression. If you haven't got it yet, then I'm just going come out and say it. Lucas is gay.

"Oh My God Lucas don't scare me like that." Raine replied with an angry tone in her voice.

Lucas went away to New York with his family for two weeks and got back the night before and because he was so tired her forgot to tell anyone he was back, so Raine wasn't expecting to see anyone.

*School Bell rings*

"Ugh I hate school!" Raine exclaimed.

"Lucky for us it's our last year at this hell hole." Lucas added.

Raine shook her head and rolled her eyes, in a nice way, and then they left for class.